Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    The Floating Marketplace
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Floating Marketplace
 Login/Join

lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
(Don't think you guys need a narrator. Should you happen to need one, I'll join back in. Phoenix, the girl you're following is fluffy.)

(but I WANt a narrator! Oh please, please be my narrator, Betty! *puppy eyes*)

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
::joins alaura with the -puppy eyes-::

::adds pouting::

::nudges tentacle-y child::

-child does vaguely unsettling fish eye things-

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
A tentative step up into the market assured that this was 'real'. (Not at all like the last vision)
-Then it's here that the journey has been taking me as I follow the steps of the 'other me'.
Okay- THINK... if "I" were here, where would I most LIKELY be found? (As if tossing a coin between seeking out the perfect 'shish-ka-bob' which I myself have been dreaming of these last 2 days, or finding work in the theater in order to be able to purchase said shish-ka-bobs, I decided on the chicken before the egg.) I listened for the sounds of music and laughter to seek out the place where my twin might be found. (After all, food costs money regardless of which city or time it is being requested in.)

Hoping that indeed this 'other me' thought the way that I do, I made my way toward the sounds of the Playhouse, that was obviously a public, open air troupe performing slapstick to entertain drunkards rather than noblemen.
"Sigh---so be it then. If I can make it here, I can make it ANYWHERE! I just hope that "I" am on the same page as 'My other self'..."
The aromas making my mouth water- I hoped that there would be some actual work as well after 2 days with no food.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Awww Crappers Jim, I didn't include any of Mr. Neil's characters in there...

If Dweller still narrates on occasion- toss me an interactive character and I'll bump it back into play. ~Cheers!
And Now-- Back to Our Program Already In Progress

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tag
posted Hide Post
*pulls his club (baseball bat) from his back stepping into ring, blood seeps silently into his shoes as he prepares to prove his himself as a professonial bodyguard. The roar of the crowd echos through his head screaming of pain, and fear of defeat throughout his head. The other man grins wickedly, raising his mace; a crude creation; nails, rusted by blood jut out oddly from a nasty club....

(If there isnt a narrator how do he know what happens?) Frown

Posts: 50 | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post