Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

audio book
 Login/Join

posted
This rendition of the book is so incredible I can't even explain it. Possibly it's that I don't read to myself in dialect and Lenny Henry, who did Chef in british tv did an awesome job. I couldn't wait to get into my car to listen to the words...good job that!!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished the audio book as well. I listened during my hour-long commute to and from work. Yes, I totally agree. This was an amazing, fun read.
Lenny Henry is brilliant. Neil Gaiman is brilliant. The story is marvelous...and I'm going to buy the book and read it.

Posts: 3 | Registered: June 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished this audio book and had to find this site just to say
"WOW"

Neil Gaiman's story is great, no doubt and I was so sad when it was done. I just wanted it to go on for a little while more.
Lenny Henry's voice is this story! I have never heard such a great narrative on an audio book!

Great work!

Posts: 1 | Registered: July 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should they ever get to do a big or small screen adaptation (they've already had him in the Radio adaptation) I think Henry would make a brilliant Anansi.
I think he's now too old to play either of the boys (although probably still too young for Anansi, but from his TV shows he does age up very well).

Posts: 34 | Registered: September 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Anansi Boys audiobook is one of the best I've ever heard (and I listen to A LOT of audiobooks). I've reviewed it here:
http://www.fantasyliterature.net/gaimanneil.html

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fernando
posted Hide Post
Yes I admit this audio book is fantastic, the verstility or the reader is wonderfull

I am at cd number 3 and I am so excited!!!!

I get this audiobook as a casual coincidence, something to hear in the car in the freeway...and now is WOOW!

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I spend 12 hours a day painting murals, so the creation of the audio book has changed my life!
It is a rare treat to find a book that has so much entertainment packed into it--- and if I walk away from it trying to imitate the voice inflections that the reader infused into the dialogue- that's a PLUS PLUS!!
(Doze Island Accents stick witt me to dizz very day!) <---unfortunately, Graham Coates' voice sticks with me too. : (
WELL DONE!!!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Just listened to it again last week and enjoyed it even moah dan the fust time!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's still my favorite after listening to dozens of audiobooks since.

I'm listening to American Gods now.

Posts: 2 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post