Find
Notify
Tools

Spider on my book
 Login/Join

Rogue Tomato
Picture of Yepa [Holdingpillow]
posted
I brought Anansi boys with me up to our little cabin in the woods for easter. I had gotten about halfway through, and was lying on my back reading when, out of nowhere, a giant spider came crawling onto the pages... Me having arachnophobia, I freaked, ran aroung with the book yelling for someone to get the spider, and finally dropped it, causing it to close and sqwish the spider inside the pages. I now have a permanent spider-stain in my spider-book...

I wonder if it was some far-fetched trick. maybe they've sprayed the book with some kind of spider-feromone to attract spiders. I think they did, the bastards!

You should be fencing, and I should be banging coconuts!

"No more! The Earth's a burrito! We're done!"
-The Snazz-

Trying to take over the world, one nude cook at the time

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
*sniggers*

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will not Ling Ling you, not ever
posted Hide Post
That's so ironic, and really cool!!

Posts: 3803 | Location: Basking in the desert sun at the cliff's edge | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
I'm still being teased for my 'oh-my-god-a-spider-on-my-book-get-it-off-get-it-off-dance'

-The Snazz-

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's like an Oreo cookie, only not
Picture of Chiaroscuro
posted Hide Post
This story made me smile. I thought it was very cool.

Except the you almost peeing your pants bit. Sucks for you. But a cool story, none of the less! Smile

------------------------------
Boil up some Mt. Dew, it's gunna be a long night.
DeviantArt
Blog

Posts: 776 | Location: The black hole known as Michigan | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe you smashed the spider! In this wild existance we call life there are no coincidences... and I assure you that the book was not sprayed with spider feromone. Never shy away from synchronicity.

Posts: 1 | Location: www.deviantart.com | Registered: May 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
Spiders should be smashed, despite what my mother says!

*smash*

*smash*

*smash*

*smash*

-The Snazz-

Picture of LucindaWesterna
posted Hide Post
Hi! I am new #1.
I do not know if spiders attract to these books, I hope not. I loved...LOVED the book, afraid of spiders.
hehehe.
It is one of my favorite novels though. Wink

"Fear not, we are of the nature of the lion, and cannot descend to the destruction of mice and such small beasts."
-Elizabeth I

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
Hi, Lucinda. Pleasure to meet you. Come over to the worlds end and say hello, why don't you!

-The Snazz-

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yepa:
Spiders should be smashed, despite what my mother says!

*smash*

*smash*

*smash*

*smash*

*rescus poor spider from meanie yepa!*

it might just be harry!!

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eredhel
posted Hide Post
quote:
I now have a permanent spider-stain in my spider-book...

I have arachnophobia, too, and I think the only thing that's worse than a spider (except two spiders, of course) it's a dead spider smashed closer to me.
If a spider come across the book while I'm reading, I'd run away and leave the book immediately. Crying, probably.

Posts: 12 | Registered: August 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a Bond villain
Picture of stardream
posted Hide Post
I'm one of those annoying people who love all animals (with the exception of pincher bugs and millipedes, and i squash them mercilessly) but as for spiders, they're so cute and clever. I love the way they scuttle and slither around all with the same movements. Spiders are amazing... I love them! I'm really sorry that you got all freaked out, and I'm glad that you yourself didn't kill the spider, it died in the free fall.

Think of it this way...
We all have a spider on the outside of our copy of AB, but you're one of the lucky ones and you have a spider inside. Smile

Posts: 60 | Location: Right Here. | Registered: July 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
I too am an annoying animal lover - it's a pity the spider was killed. I always keep a glass and postcard around for just such an emergency!

What's wrong with millipedes? I think they're ace! All those legs! Mind you, I don't even kill mosquitoes, so am probably the wrong person to comment.

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a weird Anansi dream while i was on St John in the US Virgin islands, where his stories are still popular....very cool indeed

I do believe Neil could be onto something

Posts: 12 | Registered: March 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Domitella:
I too am an annoying animal lover - it's a pity the spider was killed. I always keep a glass and postcard around for just such an emergency!

What's wrong with millipedes? I think they're ace! All those legs! Mind you, I don't even kill mosquitoes, so am probably the wrong person to comment.

Me too, me too!

The kids found ants on the table the other day, and I had to put them outside where they belong. I'm so sad when anything gets squashed. The reason I'm a little twitchy around spiders is that I'm afraid I will squash them by mistake because they move so fast.

I think it has rubbed off on the kids too - my eldest daughter cried when she was a little girl when we had to pull the plug on the head lice we found in her hair! "but they'll drown!" she cried.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex Freeman
posted Hide Post
I'm very scared of spiders, but this book made me just a little less.

_____

"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."

Posts: 334 | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of that scott guy
posted Hide Post
haha, the same sort of incident happened to me a couple of years ago, i saw a spider, looked for something to kill it with, picked up a book and smashed the hell out of it...only after i did it did i realise it was my copy of anansi boys

-not back with a vengeance, more like a dull thud followed by a scared wave-

Posts: 1630 | Location: further south than you'd assume, ON, Canada | Registered: August 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half the man he used to be
posted Hide Post
i really hate to kill spiders for some reason, but we cleaned out the back yard recently and i found at least a dozen black widows and i smashed them all because they're definitely dangerous...

im kind of hippie when it comes to killing anything except roaches

Posts: 411 | Registered: May 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post