Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    Connection to Stardust?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connection to Stardust?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there.

I just finished reading Anansi Boys a few days ago and really enjoyed it. Then I went to wikipedia and noticed a strange thing. Apparntly it is set in the same universe as Stardust.

Can anyone tell me what the connection is? I can believe there is a connection in there somewhere, but I didn't notice it.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3 | Location: Inside The Matrix with Codename V | Registered: January 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Wikipedia isn't the best source for literary criticism (or much else). That said, did you click on the citation next to it? It leads to Neil's journal entry on the topic:

quote:
I imagine it's [Anansi Boys] set in the same world as AMERICAN GODS. (But then, several careful readers have pointed out that AMERICAN GODS is set in the same world as STARDUST, and the two stories don't taste anything like the same.)

The topic has also been discussed in the American Gods forum.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post