Notify
Tools

Favorite quotes
 Login/Join

Picture of ScrumYummy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
I dont have a favorite one line just yet, though the bastard one was really, really hillarious.

I could not stop laughing at this though..

"You arent scared of limes, are you?" asked Charlie, before remembering that he'd given the lie to Daisy.

The creature laughed, scornfully. "I," it said, "am frightened of nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing," it said.

Charlie said, "are you extremely frightened of nothing?"

"Absolutely terrified of it," admitted the dragon.

"You know," said Charlie, "I have nothing in my pockets. Would you like to see it?"

"No," said the dragon, uncomfortably, "I most definetly would not."

That would have to be my favorite scene from the book.

-Scrum
The old man in the falafel cart is out to get you. This is your only warning.

Posts: 10 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"nobody sings tiger songs any more."

Grahme Coats as the tiger, makes this funny! especially because coats is an entertainment agent.

"Drinking is like,..the more you do it the better it is." Steve Crandle

Posts: 9 | Registered: January 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one made me laugh so much:

"Another kick, hard against the place the cat's shadowy nose would be, and the beast made the noise of a cat being shampooed, a lonely wail of horror and outrage, of shame and defeat."

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my favorite quote (even though the one with the lime doing the best it could is also quite good).

""We're in Florida," he told her. "In the buryin' ground. It's good you caught me," he added. "I was going for a walk. You want to come along?"
"Shouldn't you be in your grave?" she asked, hesitantly.
"I was bored," he told her. "I thought I could do with a walk. And maybe a spor of fishin'.""

page 288 at the bottom.

You have to die some times, otherwise people start taking you for granted.

Posts: 1 | Location: Jutland, Denmark | Registered: April 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree that the dragon quote is amazing...but the bastard one. I was inches from death with that one .

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"All we have to believe is our senses, the tools we use to perceive the world; our sight, our touch, our memory. If they lie to us, then nothing can b trusted. And even if we do not believe, then still we cannot travel in any other way than the road our senses show us and we must walk that road to the end"

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post