Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    mr Nancy's funeral
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mr Nancy's funeral
 Login/Join

posted
do anyone of you guys think the some other gods came to Nancy's funeral?, I would like to think that Shadow, Czernobog came to his funeral.

because in my mind I would to like to think that Czernobog was friends with Nancy.

Posts: 1 | Location: somewhere in fl | Registered: June 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wild horses did drag her away, once - long story
Picture of the madness of queen monk
posted Hide Post
Hmmm . . . hadn't thought about that. I would say they didn't come because he's not really dead. Is he?

"this whole blonde doctor situation has me mortified"
---
and I don't normally advocate music I love, but go see www.myspace.com/umbrellatree and thank me later!

Posts: 1540 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
That, and also I don't know how much the gods will go out of their way to attend another god's funeral. Like, no-one attended mad Sweeney's funeral (the ones present at the wake were already there so they were kind of forced into it). Granted, Mad Sweeny is a much minor god compared to Anansi, but still, I'm thinking maybe the other gods have too many problem son their own trying to keep going to attend other gods' funerals. Or maybe they find them to depressing.

But mostly I think that it was because he wasn't really dead.

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suite Madame Blue
posted Hide Post
I vote not really dead, too. What better way for an immortal to break worldly ties?

A thought: Do gods ever really die? I mean, look at Easter. Nobody she talked to seemed to know what/why they were celebrating. And I'd have to look it up, but I remember something about pixies or piskies brought to the New World by belief and then being abandoned. Tanya Huff's Blood series presents the idea that as long as somebody remembers that the god ever existed, no matter how obscure, then that god can never die. Maybe that idea is at work in AG as well.

EDIT: Oops, I turned this into an AG discussion! Probably because both books deal with gods amongst mortals. Sorry...Red Face

Member of the Spider Liberation Front (Free free, set them free)

Posts: 619 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I'm with the idea that he isn't ACTUALLY dead.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Just resting. Definitely. I'm waiting for him to come back.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It actully comes to Mr. Nancy at end to the book and he says he's going to take a nap for 20-25 years and then check up on his children and grandchildren

Posts: 2 | Registered: July 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post