Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    Anansi Boys tattoo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anansi Boys tattoo
 Login/Join

posted
Hello! I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of Anansi in honor of the book, Anansi Boys. Well... I shouldn't say I'm thinking of getting one. I am getting one. I'm just not completely sure of what I want it to be, that's all.

Anyway, I'm here for suggestions. Smile

First, though, I'll tell you why I want the tattoo - what about the book means so much to me that I think it needs to be on my body:

- Anansi Boys is the only book I've read where the ending actually made me happy. I like that things tied up quiet nicely. I love Fat Charlie and his son dancing down the beach at the end of the book. I like that Spider gets fat, and that Charlie ends up being the one who is "cool".

- My favorite quote (which I can't find my book so I can't show it to you!) is where Anansi is telling the girl why his stories are better - how he took them from Tiger and gave people hope and the ability to think their way in and out of trouble.

I want the tattoo to be of a spider. Maybe perhaps a spider with a lime. But a spider, and a spider that will look normal unless you've read the book and understand Anansi and his sons Smile

"Out we come, bloodied and squalling, with the knowledge that for all the points of the compass, there's only one direction, and time is its only measure."
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ratholin
posted Hide Post
interesting. If I was going to design a tattoo that described that I'd do a web with all my favorite characters from the story in it and anansi in the middle as a spider in a clever hat.

Posts: 9 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post