Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    How Anansi saved Rabbit from Fox
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How Anansi saved Rabbit from Fox
 Login/Join

Wigber
posted
It was a late evening, and a woman in Denmark was reading the last half of Anansi Boys. With only one chapter left, she went to the bathroom to prepare to sleep for the night.

She finished the book and was reading the exclusive material, "What are you three all-time favourite gods?" when one sentence really stood out - "Rabbits and spiders are sort of small and you can squash them - although most people don't squash rabbits..."

The woman dropped the book and stopped reading. "Guffe!", a voice shouted in her head. She realized that she had forgotten the neighbor's rabbit in it's large outdoor cage.

With her husband as a backup and an LED-headlamp to guide her, she went to the neighbor's backyard, and transfered the rabbit to it's smaller cage with plenty of warm hay. The rabbit was safe for the night - high and away from the jaws of the fox.

Posts: 279 | Location: WGB | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wigber
posted Hide Post
Completely forgot about the neighbor's rabbit last night. Luckily it survived the night outdoors in it's somewhat flimsy outdoor cage.

Posts: 279 | Location: WGB | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
whoops!

you need to read more gaiman Wink

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post