Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    Trickster Makes This World
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trickster Makes This World
 Login/Join

Picture of Kits'nagi
posted
I do love the tricksters...and I have read an excellent book devoted to the study of these fabulous beasts, and how they are a part of us all. It is..."Trickster Makes This World: Mischeif, Myth, and Art" by Lewis Hyde. Inspiring section devoted to the function of the trickster as the representation of appetite. They even mention Amo No Azume, however brief, that made me all a twitter. There were whole parts in Anansi Boys that made me think of this book, and whole parts of Hyde's book that made me think of Neil. Neato, kismet!

"To name something is to wait for it in the place you think it will pass." - Amiri Baraka

Posts: 33 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I thought of this book whilst reading AG. Fascinating study in its own right.

Posts: 120 | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post