Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    there's a guy I know...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

there's a guy I know...
 Login/Join

posted
I have a friend, who for privacy's sake, I'll call "Bob." The way that Fat Charlie behaves at the end of the book is pretty much the demeanor of a Bob clone. I'm dead serious. He wears a green fedora to school and he sings like a god and he's extremely (sometimes scarily) unpredictable and perceptive. Bob claimed, when he was about halfway through the book, that he acts like Spider from time to time (which I haven't really seen him do), and that he's never done things akin to working for Grahame Coats. He's rather good with bladed weapons, though I've never seen him shoot his bow, so I find it probable that he'd simply kill Coats.
By the by, I met him through our high school theater program. He won't be at my school when next year starts, but he and I are in ____'s teen production of Seussical this summer. Our school won like five trophies at this huge choir competition in Virginia (they flew the choirs down there) and ended up placing as the best adolescent choir that went.
He's also got that kind of...whimsical demeanor so many people who Dungeon Master and act possess. His D&D group is awesome fun. I may post a pic later if I can find one and he says he doesn't mind.

I do not love the sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend... JRR Tolkien

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
okay.....

Welcome to the Boards!

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
It's very possible that we've all seen "Bob" <--plus or minus the fedora- at some time.

Why not? Anything is possible.
Probably.

Cheers!!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
aka Fiona Banks
Picture of River
posted Hide Post
Sorry this is sort of stupid, but I was also in a production of Seussical, so... who were you in the play?

Wining means winning over the discord in yourself. Those who have a warped mind, a mind of discord, have been defeated from the beginning
~Morihei Ueshiba

Posts: 428 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*102 gold stars*
Picture of Cavenagh
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll get an answer from Miss French. Her post (Her only post ever on the board) is over three years old.

Hermits have no peer pressure

Posts: 8095 | Registered: April 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post