Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate Spider!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
On the contrary....I loved Spider. His character was sooo Johnny Depp...I don't give a rat's ass about anyone but myself. I'm going to enjoy my life type of guy. Not that I didn't feel a bit sorry for Fat Charlie...but I knew that Spider was somehow going to show Charlie how to start getting more out of life. Spider does get punished for his excesses...and both brother's end up in a happy place at the end of the book. I loved the whole book and can't wait for the movie.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cabbage7
posted Hide Post
Spider and Charlie are one. They complement each other. And really, Spider saved Charlie's life... or brought him back to life. Charlie was drained in the modern worlds tediousness and monotony... Charlie lifted him up to experience emotions...
This book has been my favorite so far and I couldn't help crackin up while reading in public, or alone... I know its difficult to move away from our routines; and if a Spider came into my life I would dREad the first part of it... but if it would be for that journey... I would TAke iT!

cd

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miguel The Magnificent
posted Hide Post
quote:
... but if it would be for that journey... I would TAke iT!

Spider( Who isn't even a mans name) is all freedom, magic, enchantment and lust.
Spider is free as only a myth can be.
Spider at the beginning is a tricxter and could very well grow to be a monster or an anti-hero.
Fortunatly GaiMan( a name either blessed or cursed) thought to gives character development and two heroes and a happy ending.
My First post in a running tread, please rate and comment.

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post