Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    Reading Gaiman is like Daydreaming
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reading Gaiman is like Daydreaming
 Login/Join

posted
I just wanted to thank Neil for producing another great work. I truly enjoyed every minute. Reading Gaiman is like daydreaming, you wander through the story completely oblivious to the rest of the world, and unless someone says 'hey' you lose all track of time. I couldnt put it down. Does anyone else know what I mean?

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You couldn't have said it any better.
I feel the exact same way right now as I'm reading Stardust.
The day is gone - I've been immersed in it all day and the hours have flown by - I haven't even ate.
Crazy no?
Neil is a genius!

Posts: 182 | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Danny, Neil doesn't read the boards. If you'd like to pass him your thanks (and he does appreciate it), please do so at the FAQ line off the main page.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, will do.

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When i read neil gaiman's work, it's like i become the character, and nothing can tear me out of the story.

Posts: 9 | Location: home | Registered: October 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ookashira
posted Hide Post
see, I bought the book yesterday and awake up 4 a.m., just to keep reading.

I've already know Gaiman's works starting with Sandman (not by reading any book, but people I know everytime tell me an Sandman storys (is Sandman or Gaiman really Anansi (just realized that)), so when I found "Anansi boys" here (the last book), I couldn't think about not buy it...

And all I fell now is an amazing felling, that I also have my song...

Just want to say thanks to that amazing man and his amazing mind.

"Thinking about restart writing..."

What's new, pussycat?

Posts: 4 | Location: Tellurian | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Minerva
posted Hide Post
Dannybrewer, I agree. It's what I felt when I read American Gods, and I am currently reaidng Anansi Boys, I am on chpater two right now, I just started it. Smile Luckily with my hectic schedule I still have time to daydream. Smile

Posts: 3 | Location: Queens, NY, USA | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have neil coming to Italy. I love the things he writes.

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i completely agree he is an awesome writer. i completely got lost in stardust it's one of his best works, along with anansi boys of course.

Posts: 8 | Location: somewhere | Registered: June 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What exactly do people find so great about this book? Charlie Nancy is a cardboard cut out (yes even at the end of the book). Plot? What plot? It meanders from place to place. When you finally find out Spider's identity and Charlie's identity, YOU DON'T care. Its like "I read 200+ page for that?!?" This has got to be Neil's weakest book. Black Orchid had more depth than this. Neil kept on talking and talking and ultimately said nothing.

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Melody
posted Hide Post
ish... you didn't understand!
there is no plot, the way you say, becouse it's the living life. it's a metaphor. the tiger's stories (I'm brazilin, i read the book in portuguese, so i might change some words)are the actions of grahame coats. the evil in the man. the anansi's stories are those people who aren't strong, but are cleaver. the "no plot" is totally on porpouse. i too had to read until page 200 to understand that. if he had wrote a super-powerfull story full of heroes and magic it wouldn't be his intention: show that all of us can be cleaver gods. they are human! they have human lives (ok, not spider...). It's just a big metaphor..

~~
pela estrada afora eu vou bem sozinha...

Posts: 3 | Location: Santos - Brazil | Registered: June 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post