Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    What's *your* song
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's *your* song
 Login/Join

is a Bond villain
Picture of stardream
posted Hide Post
As the rest have said, a very inspiring question indeed, and seeing as I most recently fallen in love for the first time, I would have to say my song has a Sinatra feel to it, very "This Can't be Love Because I Feel so Well" kind of thing.
( Wow, that's a hell of a run on sentence)

But yes, my thoughts are always with him, so my song is mournful when he's not around, with a whinning sax, and then when I'm with him, it a beautiful meldoy accompanied by a big swing band.
Before him, my song was very melancholy and monotone.

Posts: 60 | Location: Right Here. | Registered: July 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine would be something about the joy of choices and freedom, appreciation of the present moment, people to go home to at the end of the day and how humans, no matter what happens, can always carry on.

Reading over what I just wrote it sounds real cheezy, so I guess I'm one for living my song, not pinning it to paper...

Posts: 6 | Registered: September 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rao
posted Hide Post
Gamma Ray - Rising Star

or
Rhapsody - Wisdom of the kings

thank'ss

Posts: 6 | Location: Sao Paulo | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suite Madame Blue
posted Hide Post
You've missed the point, rao. It's not a song that someone has already written. It's your own personal song, the one that defines who you are. That's not to say your song can't be like the songs you listed. But your own song is internal, and not something that has a copyright.

Member of the Spider Liberation Front (Free free, set them free)

Posts: 619 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is a Bond villain
Picture of stardream
posted Hide Post
Ya Rao.. what SMB said... give it some thought,
what are you all about, whats your purpose.

Your song should illusrtrate your life disposition, and be totally origional. Give it a tone and stuff. Be totally creative Big Grin

Posts: 60 | Location: Right Here. | Registered: July 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rao
posted Hide Post
oh come on... it's much more fun to say what it is... so we can hear it too Big Grin

i dont know how my song would be... these 2 songs say enough. Big Grin

sorry =(

thank'ss

Posts: 6 | Location: Sao Paulo | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Happy
posted Hide Post
Quite old thread (depending of course on the way you look at it). Never the less interesting... and one which I´ve been giving a lot o thought. My song´s probably something like:

Useless, useless, pointless, mindless.... I wish I was dead....Happy, happy happy, as can be.....I wish I was dead, but glad I´m not.... (and be called "wild mood swings on the inside, though on the surface nothing´s ever changing").

"Happy, happy happy all the time
Schock treatment I´m doing fine"

Posts: 53 | Location: at home | Registered: October 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ashes of Butterflies:
Mine's probably in some ancient long-forgotten language that even I don't understand, but if it was possible for it to be translated, I think it would be something along the lines of:

Eccentricity
Naivete
Intelligence and Stupidity
I'm a contradiction within myself
I'm a contradiction within myseeelf...

hmmmm...i think you're playing my song.
but since we can't have the same one...i'd have to make a few alterations. Wink

Posts: 1078 | Registered: October 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There aren't words - I live my song.

I guess a few of the more translatable motifs are:

I love my life.
I can't believe I'm having such a great time.

Posts: 29 | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jaxwizz
posted Hide Post
I know exactly what my song is. It's in Ancient Egyptian and I made the tune myself. Can't reproduce it here; I don't read music, but it's sounds somewhat like Gregorian chant. The lyrics are:

A ka dua
Tuf ur biu
bi a'a chefu
Dudu nur af an neteru.

I won't try to translate it here, but if anyone recognizes it let me know.

Bob,
aka Adastra, the Wizzard of Jacksonville

Posts: 8 | Registered: December 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lonesome aesthetic
posted Hide Post
my song probably has something to do with month old lime jelly, creme eggs and rubber duckies.

oh and, shoe laces Big Grin

-----
"I love deadlines. I love the whoosing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams

Posts: 30 | Location: somewhere | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I knew what the authr was talking about when he wrote that we all have our own song because I have been singing mine for a long time. It's never realy had lyrics and seems to be continually changing. Well anyway here goes "Oooooooooeeeeeeeooooooooo... ooooo ooooo eeeeee ooooouuuuuoooooo aaaa aaaaa aaaa ooooaaaaeeeooooooaaaaahhh... " lol that was kinda liberating, although you can't see the notes, nor do I know what they would be. I'd have to sing it in yur pressence in order that you would get it let alone appreciate it, and I would be in the shower during this so the only people who have apprecited it have been either on the toilet or in the shower with me... Oh there I go again saying too much and embarassing myself.

Posts: 1 | Location: Toronto | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nuitor
posted Hide Post
Hello!! I'm new in this forum. I hope I do well and not make too many mistakes with my english... ^_^.

My song... I think my song moves and changes with my mood, with the weather, with the colours of my clothes every day... It's obvious, isn't it. When you are sad your song have to sound melancholic and when your happy... You catch the idea.

But the most of time it sounds like classic guitars and percussion.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awatkins
posted Hide Post
Don't know the words yet but I've got the tune figured out and I know the title.

"Out of Time, Out of Place (A Wanderer's Song)"

Posts: 16 | Registered: June 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Atrinati
posted Hide Post
I don't know the title and I don't know the words--well I do, but I don't think they're any language that really exists. But I know the melody and it sounds a lot like something by Enya and I sang it when I was a little girl... I hum it sometimes when I work or while I wait in line, and if I were to make it real, it would probably require a full symphony to play.

_______

Wall of Text hit you for 50000 Points of Wtsparagraphs Damage! Critical Hit!

Posts: 118 | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My song is bluesy, and it's about connecting to my fellow humans. Hm mmm mmm what can you teach me? Mm mmm mmm what can I teach you? I'm reachable--are you?
Something like that.

Posts: 2 | Registered: June 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nick2046
posted Hide Post
It reminds me of the film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_from_Earthsea_%28film%29 Tales from Earthsea (ゲド戦記, Gedo Senki where Therru and Arren has to find out each other's true name.

Similar concept, both the true name & song is unknown to others, one must earn/learn it through a journey so s/he learns about him/her-self; except the 'True Name' is more concrete.

It's also sth that's so private that you must NOT share it with others; it's the 'medulla' of one's soul.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nick2046,

:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:
demo baka wa shinanakya naoranai
:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:

Posts: 5 | Registered: September 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Keeper Of Tasty Grooves
posted Hide Post
Cool first post!!!

Was bored in class today, came up with this: "Snitches get stitches, I'm Big Daddy Longo, B*tches"

Not sure why it'd be my song, as I have nothing to do with snitches, and less to do with giving them stitches, and I'm not remotely "Big Daddy"-ish but it gives the allusion of pimpin'-ness, which is always a plus Big Grin

-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\-/\
The seagull has struck

Posts: 6 | Location: A place in between here and there, yet not in the middle of anywhere! | Registered: September 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of limegreenvirus
posted Hide Post
Mine would be entitled, "I like my own world better than yours"

The sound would range from MSI to Beethoven.

Posts: 1 | Location: Grand Haven | Registered: April 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Great wyrm of Toronto
Picture of Mythos
posted Hide Post
My song, I think would go a little something like this:

Matthew
is a lord of evil
evil
evil
oh evil
evil
he's mean.

Dada de de deee.

In case you're wondering, a friend made that up for me in Grade 10. What can I say? It was a catchy tune. ;P

Posts: 6054 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post