New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ongoing series???
 Login/Join

Picture of J. Fritz
posted
I'm terribly sorry if this is a topic that has already been discussed into the ground, but I was wondering if Gaiman has mentioned anything about writing more books within the "American Gods" universe beyond Anansi Boys.

I personally enjoyed the fact that the book took place within the same universe and still had a very distinct and different feel from the previous. It was also enjoyable to explore other characters that are all somewhat linked but had completely unique stories of their own.

I wouldn't expect him to drop everything else he is working on and place all of his focus into this "could be" series since everything else the man writes is very enjoyable. However, I wouldn't be against reading more about the "American Gods" universe and the extremely interesting stories that take place within it.

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I believe he has another story, a true follow up to AG... eventually he'll get to it, but this is a 'don't hold your breath' situation. Neil has mentioned he has ideas for sequels to Stardust and Neverwhere (among others) but he's not going to be getting around to them anytime soon.
If you haven't yet, go find 'Monarch Of The Glen', a short story/novella in the AG universe (a Shadow story). It was published in Legends II edited by Robert Silverberg. Neil's next book for children is The Graveyard Book. He hasn't decided yet what his next adult novel will be, but I'd guess there won't be one til at least 2008, probably later, and that it probably won't be AG related. BUT, that's guesswork - even he doesn't know

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was another short story concerning Shadow in the paperback version of AB, so there's definitley hope!

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
He certainly left it open- (with that satisfactory ending- he can still take any character in any direction from where they were last seen.)

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and my three sisters have been thinking the same. There's a Nancy in the American Gods book is there not? And he's a god in AG and in Anansi Boys. So it's sort of a continuation, I guess...

Nicholas Lam.

Posts: 1 | Location: Singapore | Registered: July 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post