Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Anansi Boys    Where to from here?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to from here?
 Login/Join

posted
In the past two weeks, I've read Good Omens, American Gods and I just finished Anansi Boys. I didn't know Neil wrote books until two weeks ago, before that, I'd only read all the Sandman works during the 80s and 90s.

Those three books have a really nice progression, to read them in that order. What book should I read next?

I doubt there's a book that focuses on Horus, my favourite deity, since he's batdung crazy... but I'm open minded.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stardust and Neverwhere are really good and Coraline too.

I know it's crooked...But its the only game in town

Posts: 24 | Location: england, uk | Registered: July 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Good choice - that's just what I would have said. I like some of the short stories but prefer something you can get your teeth into!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I second Neverwhere. Then I'd do the short story collections, "Smoke and Mirrors" and "Fragile Things."

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I'll try Stardust. Don't know if it's true, but I'd heard Neverwhere was teen fiction.

Posts: 4 | Registered: July 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Stardust indeed got republished in a teen friendly package (and is indeed on many teen reading lists), but as far as I'm aware, the same treatment never happened to Neverwhere. It did get republished as a graphic novel, though.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post