Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  New Projects  Hop To Forums  NEW SANDMAN!    the Overture: why...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the Overture: why...
 Login/Join

posted
aren't we talking about it? ;-)

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tehanu:
aren't we talking about it? ;-)

I've been waiting for it to come out in trade before reading it. Tried the issues thing with 1602 and didn't care as much for that format. Once I get my hands on the trade, though, I'll definitely poke in here to see what people think.

How are you liking it thus far?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ophelia's Vengeance:

I've been waiting for it to come out in trade before reading it. Tried the issues thing with 1602 and didn't care as much for that format. Once I get my hands on the trade, though, I'll definitely poke in here to see what people think.

I was thinking the same, but had no willpower and had to buy/read.

On first reading, the first and a bit of the second issues were slow, but the third and fourth are amazing. Some stuff from the original series is answered, other stuff alluded to strongly that are pretty much answers (trying not to spoil here)

Every time a new issue appears I re-read from beginning to latest and always pick up on things and such, so in all very well crafted I guess. The art is absolutely gorgeous and well worth the wait, even though I'm tearing my hair out awaiting the next issue.

Posts: 5 | Registered: July 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tori lookalike contest winner, 2001
Picture of Ophelia's Vengeance
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to hear that it's really good. Yes, I would loose my mind trying to wait in between issues. Much much better to just wait until I can gorge on the whole thing (and use it as an excuse to then re-read the whole series).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The World's End.. as Sims!

Posts: 12402 | Location: Bowie's Pants | Registered: August 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post