Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Mirrormask Prequel Announced
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask Prequel Announced
 Login/Join

Her bite actually is worse than her bark.
Picture of Ravenina
posted
In today's PW Daily:

quote:
Tokyopop announced that it will be publishing a manga prequel to bestselling novelist and Sandman comics writer Neil Gaiman's forthcoming film MirrorMask, to be plotted by Gaiman himself. The Tokyopop deal involves the Jim Henson Company (which worked on MirrorMask) and will also produce manga inspired by Henson's 1980s fantasy films Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal.

Posts: 2538 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
when? where can I get it? how much?

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ravenina
posted Hide Post
Well, knowing Tokyopop, it'll probably be $9.99. And it'll probably be out closer to the movie release. Or not. Thing with Tokyopop is, they're notorious for releasing media tie-in titles after the movie/tv-show has already been relased/aired. And since I'm not currently working, I won't get any details right away. I'll have to email my former rep and see if she can't give up any more info.

Posts: 2538 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of geeksoda
posted Hide Post
The press release is on the Tokyopop website here:

http://www.tokyopop.com/news/press2005/2005_hensen.php

I'm a big fan of Labyrinth so I'm excited about that as well Smile I've only read one manga before, Jill Thompson's Dead Boy Detectives, and thought it incredibly cute (actually, almost *too* cute, to be honest) but I'm looking forward to this and will probably get all three.

-------
always listen to your pig-puppet

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ravenina
posted Hide Post
Thanks! And welcome to the board! Big Grin

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I was in the room when they made those announcements at the Comicon (one of the Hensons - Lisa maybe - was in attendance. Brian Henson got tied up in traffic Frown ). Apparantly I misheard something as I thought the Dark Crystal prequel was an animated series not a manga and that they were just adapting DC and Labyrinth to manga, not making new stories. *unscrews ears, puts in new ones* There. They did say that the DC prequel was from right around when the crystal first cracked and the Gelflings were still in their prime, and the sequel was hundreds of years afterwards, so expect the same world but different characters. And some CGI backgrounds as those sets were bloody expensive.

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post