Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    what is the electronic song from the mirrormask trailer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what is the electronic song from the mirrormask trailer?
 Login/Join

Picture of The LURRRVELY Miss P.
posted
I've been staying up past my bedtime just to surf the web to figure it out. So, what _is_ the name of the electronic song from the 1st half of the trailer?

------------------------------
"You were the chosen one!"

Sometimes I think that my chorus teacher looks like John Lennon...but I KNOW that my Hebrew School teacher is really Moby...Maybe I should ask for his autograph...

I have kiss-ual frustration. So kiss me!

Posts: 81 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I don't suppose you could say which trailer? There were three or four, each with music from different sources. At one point, Neil answered on his blog what 2 or 3 of the sources were, so the neilgaiman.com (not the board, the main site) search function might help you out

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the 1 on the mirrormask site. the one that says something like "the other side of fate" and "this is my dream...the charm's a...mirrormask"

Sometimes I think that my chorus teacher looks like John Lennon...but I KNOW that my Hebrew School teacher is really Moby...Maybe I should ask for his autograph...

Posts: 81 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I don't think this is it. There were at least three trailers. One had music from the film, but that's not the one you asked about. One is answered in the quote below. Unfortunately, I think the one on the site might be the third one, and I'd have to really dig around a bit to find the answer (if it's out there - It appears I misremembered how many were named by Neil)
The teaser was, I think, the one that failed to mention Dave McKean
link
quote:

When the first MirrorMask Teaser went up, we mentioned that the music wasn't from the movie, and people started to ask write in to ask where it was from and who did it. And I said I'd try to find out.

So for everyone who was wondering, Michael Polis at Hensons tells me it was by a composer named Fletcher Beasley. And a quick google gives a website at http://www.beatrevolution.com/ for the curious.

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ProbablyMe
posted Hide Post
does anybody knows which song it is? because i still can't find it

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ProbablyMe:
does anybody knows which song it is? because i still can't find it

It's "C the Rainbow" by DJ Kambo. More info here.