Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask
 Login/Join

posted
When is the release date? Is it only in select theatres or direct video?

Posts: 33 | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
It is premeiring at Sundance on January 25th (i.e. within a week). Distribution will be decided after that I believe. Expect some kind of theatrical run, but how large is up in the air at the moment

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
*crosses fingers; hopes station he works for buys it*
we show some wwwweeeeiiiirrrdddd movies

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
There's a movie theatre where I live that plays all the limited release stuff, like Luther so hoepfully they'll get that too. I think there are about 30 movie theaters in the lower mainland area so one is bound to pick it up.

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lady Serade
posted Hide Post
MirrorMask in Sarasota, Florida

MirrorMask will be in Sarasota, Florida this weekend (along with Neil!)

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am simply dyign to see that movie after seeing the trailer. Is it's distribution going to be long after the Sundance Festival? Or somewhat directly after?

Posts: 33 | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
the website's been all prettified.

mirrormask

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14241 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
but mine doesn't *do* anything

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Talula
posted Hide Post
I just watched the preview... is that Helena Bottom Carter...? (not the main girl, but the one who has a conversation pleading with someone about the main girl.)

~~~~~~~
It is time, time, time... that you loved.
-Tom Waits
i am making this up

Posts: 104 | Location: torn jeans and a rolly chair | Registered: December 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
nope. Here's the imdb.com listing of the cast

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
of the sparkly hair brigade
Picture of del74
posted Hide Post
the new trailer is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone seen it yet?

The 75 Delirians?
Umm well, number 2 is off sick, 38 is suffering from a mild case of sanity, and 74 has

run off to the world of men to spread sparkly gigglepops to their drab civilization.
Is she nuts?
Oh yes, she scored very highly on the entrance exam!

Posts: 3128 | Location: springfield, il, 62703 | Registered: August 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Mara did - check out the Sundance thread in the Tour forum

Picture of iamtaramis
posted Hide Post
Is there a list posted where all the location MirrorMask is to be shown in theatres? I'd love to see it on the big screen.

~taramis (aks iamtaramis)

Posts: 5 | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye on Neil's blog. To my knowledge, distribution plans have not been made public yet, but you can bet that Neil'll let us know when they do

Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Is there an update on the distribution? I've been soooo out of touch when it comes to Mirror Mask .. wasn't around much during it's production and heavy Neil blogging ... so just catching up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Neil has not brought up distribution yet. If you click on the imdb link above, it lists the release date as Sept 23rd. I strongly suspect, though nothing backs this up, that it will start will a limited release and then go nationwide, but maybe that's because I'm bitter that Howl's Moving Castle isn't in town today, the opening day.

Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Heh. Just finally got on the Myazaki (sp?) bandwagon ... bought Spirited Away on Smaug's relentless (though well-meaning and well-guided and loving) pestering Smile Was talking with Rae last night, asking her if she wanted to see Star Wars in the theater with me (I'd seen it with some buddies a couple weeks ago) and she said sure, if I wanted to. Then this morning it dawned on me I'd rather see Howl's in the theater with her, so we're doing that instead. Not sure when yet, I guess whenever it gets into town, but we'll be renting SW on DVD for her (and she's just fine with that).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna ask a reeeeeeeeeally dumb question, as a Neil fan who hasn't followed any of the Mirror Mask talk ... is it all animated? Or are there puppets? How does Hensen Productions fit into the picture?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
The Hensons ponied up the money for it.
It's not puppets or animation, it's primarily live action in a CGI environment. Oh, but there are sock puppets.

Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Ah, couldn't tell from the small images of the previews, and with McKean involved, wasn't sure.

Mmmmm, sock puppets Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr