New
Find
Notify
Tools

MirrorMask DVD
 Login/Join

Village Elder
posted
DVD is now out (in region 1 at least)! This serves as your announcement and also, should you desire, a review thread of the extra features

I'm smiley because they have video from the comicon panels - I was in the audience there! (simple pleasures are great, no?)

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
will not Ling Ling you, not ever
posted Hide Post
Actually, I found the MirrorMask DVD on a WALLMART display right outside the entrance!! Needless to say I was extremely surprised!

Posts: 3803 | Location: Basking in the desert sun at the cliff's edge | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I rented it through netflix, and it came today, and renting it is just not enough, I must own this! it's just delightful!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the original crazy ratbastard
Picture of Lawerence McWhiskeyson
posted Hide Post
My girl bought it for me through Amazon in December and I want it NOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!

They sent an email saying was shipped to arrive tomorrow.

That's like hanging the H in front of a junkie's face and saying, 'Once the check clears'.

"Witches. Flying monkeys. I's never goin' take PCP again."

Posts: 1109 | Location: Elk Grove Village,IL | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Grey Lemur
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe, but true... Walked into the Post Exchange (big dusty qonset hut type of thingie) on a nearby Camp yesterday, and the first DVD I saw on the wall was Mirrormask!! Yippee Skippee! A rare treat, and of course an immediate purchase. To think I'd gone in for sew-on rank.......

Next no doubt it will be available in the Malaysian edition from the Local National shops. Iraq (in fact, the whole Gulf region as near as I can tell) suffers not from a shortage of video and dvd titles.

------------------------------

"If voting could really change anything, it would be illegal" sign on restroom wall, Revolution Books, NYC

Posts: 107 | Location: not SoCal, not NoCal--it's Cali Lite!! er, Central Coast California, that is.. | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
I found it at BestBuy the day it was released, though it wasn't in the "new" section but in the animated-fantasy section along with the Labyrinth and such.

I only got to watch it today and I liked it even more than the first time at the cinema. I haven't seen the extra features yet... so I'm not much help with those. I'm holding on to them as the carrot to make myself grade this huge stack of homework *argh*

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
I saw half of the extras tonight, all except for the Day 16. The best part are the Q&A at the end. Neil looked more relaxed than I've even seen him answering questions and both him and Dave had a lot of fun.

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know the European DVD release date? Can't even pre-order it through Amazon Germany yet. Frown

Posts: 8 | Location: Germany | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Part-time avant garde shrubbery inspector who breaths fire and lets out a mighty YAHR!
Picture of ladykatza
posted Hide Post
i just watched Mirrormask on DVD (got it through netflix)

I LIKE IT! WEEEEE! its so incredible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Discordian Priestess, Keeper of the Golden Pine-Apple.

Has Been Assimilated.

blog or not

Posts: 8877 | Location: ain't from 'round these parts | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows what a real civil war should be
Picture of Furious
posted Hide Post
...erm,...I think I'll watch it again when I'm stoned. It seems to be similar the Pink Floyd The Wall while drunk thing.

Liked it sober, buuuuuut...Wink

Posts: 32867 | Location: smooshy mashed pertato mountian | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post
anybody watch with the commentary on?

I thought it was really interesting.

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
lives deliberately
Picture of Alaura
posted Hide Post
I got it this weekend!

I'm with you, Fwoofster. This one is for the "Ever seen Mirror Mask? Ever seen Mirror Mask...ON WEED?" category.

ego forceps ergo ego forceps

"Chives?"�
"Yes, m'lud?"�
"Is that Ms Ephemera hovering over the croquet lawn?"�
"Indeed m'lud. She's marshalled all the haggle-dans. Missy-twigs and vale-nymphs from Claypole Woods. Apparently she intends to tear this house down and dance on the ruins."�
"Well, Chives, you'd better start the car, what? And pack my tennis things too"�
--- Joe 3Heads

Posts: 11426 | Location: In a perpetual state of Ohio | Registered: December 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
How about watching it on weed and listening to a Pink Floyd album? I bet it fits just fine.

Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I was a little disappointed that the extras seem to be captioned in almost every language imaginable except English. My wife is hearing impaired and I would have loved to show her some of the interviews.
I enjoyed watching it a second time. I still think that it works much better as a work of art than a story.
I haven't listened to the commentaries yet.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finaly got my imported copy last Friday and I've watched it three times thus far .THe film is absolutaly amazing! Definatly in my top 5! I've watched all the specias appart from the commintary and they are a bit of a mixed bag. Still it's the movie that counts, and the movie ROCKS!

Posts: 23 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up loving the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth movies, of course. This movie made me feel like I was at home again. I don't normally fall into a movie (never cry at them or anything of the like), so it was so strange to be touched by this movie so deeply. Nothing epiphanous...just a wonderful movie. So refreshing! That is all Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
OK, just watched it... Wow, that was AWESOME!!!! I loved it! I think is my favourite movie.

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eldi:
anybody watch with the commentary on?

I thought it was really interesting.

Watching that RIGHT NOW!! Enjoying it very muchly.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigstripeydave
posted Hide Post
The Australian release date for the Mirrormask dvd is 5 April 2006. Not long to go now. Smile

Posts: 14 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post