Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    MIRRORMASK gala opening in Singapore!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MIRRORMASK gala opening in Singapore!
 Login/Join

Picture of sidhe
posted
attended the gala opening of MirrorMask in Singapore last night (7th Dec). for all Gaiman and McKean fans - MUST see! wondrously surreal, like taking a magic mushroom field trip, (not that i would know anything about it). and there's such a 3D feel to the movie, made me think how it would be like in Imax 3D format...

can't wait for the dvd to come out.
as long as it doesn't come in variant covers and/or versions ie! Wink

it was such a treat for fans here especially since none of Gaiman's previous movie tv series have been shown here.

thanks to Lena and the British Council, and the Singapore Film Society, for organising one of the better gala openings ever. only disappointment was neither Gaiman nor McKean were here to open it. that would have made a great evening even better. (it's always a pleasure to hear Neil speak).

now about the movie: (WARNING - SPOILER AHEAD)

title music - Gaiman and McKean!!

and those books! floating themselves back to the library when they think they're not liked. hmm... haven't u met some people u wished to have taken a 'page' (pun intended) from those books? Wink

and cor! i could've used the 'really useful book' plenty times.

oh, and the cats..... scraaaarrry!! Gaiman certainly has a way of realising one's subconcious fears.

those birdmen - SO funny! bob!

on the more serious side, the moment i saw the shadows and the way they spread, i immediately thought of cancer. and although that word wasn't mentioned at all in the movie, i think everyone knew that's what Helena's mom got.

btw, the music the circus band was playing at the start brought back memories of Mois Eisley Cantina... Wink

ps - i'll be posting a few pics soon.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sidhe,

Posts: 20 | Registered: June 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
think the cats were technically sphinxes...and neil according to lena was supposed to make a guest appearance but his commitments to the beowulf movie dint permit any time...

Posts: 12 | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post