Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Forgive my ignorance but...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forgive my ignorance but...
 Login/Join

Picture of Mogadoh
posted
...i am a little confused about what Mirrormask actually is. Was it a novel by Neil that was made into a movie or perhaps a he just wrote a script?

The reason i ask is whenever i search on Ebay or Amazon or book web sites i can only either find the illustrated film script or the children's edition but i have before came across a listing that just said 'Mirrormask - Paperback'.

Thanks all.

----------------
'A MERRY ABERRANT - An assortment of Whimsical Words & Capricious Cartoons' available at Lulu:

http://www.lulu.com/content/2614075

Posts: 10 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I thought it was just a movie?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
It was never a novel, just a movie.

(It's funny. Neil's probably one of the few authors out there where a person can say "JUST a movie" as if it were a failing, somehow Razz)

I don't know what the Mirrormask- Paperback thing is, unless the illustrated script has finally come out in paperback, which I don't think it has.

This is what the Visual Bibliography has to say.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I didn't "just" as if it was a failing, I meant it as "only". I should have been more clear, sorry.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mogadoh
posted Hide Post
Ah okay. Thanks for straightening it out guys. I guess i had assumed it might have been a novel first as so much of his work has been adapted from pre-existing novels.
Thanks again Smile

----------------
'A MERRY ABERRANT - An assortment of Whimsical Words & Capricious Cartoons' available at Lulu:

http://www.lulu.com/content/2614075

Posts: 10 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Maeve:
I didn't "just" as if it was a failing, I meant it as "only". I should have been more clear, sorry.

I know, I know Razz But still it's funny. He ONLY did a movie. He really is probably the only author you can say that about and be dead serious.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of endless_nights
posted Hide Post
The film came first, then he published a book with Dave McKean that has the script and lots of screenshots. As far as I know.

*...Listening to the Chambers of your Heart...*

Posts: 53 | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is the kid's bookd because I have it and that's how I discovered the wonder that is MirrorMask. I mad a friend of mine watch it and she said it was like an acid trip... not that she knows what that would be like but that's whats he said. I love it.

Posts: 8 | Location: Pendleton, SC | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Mirrormask was a Movie, and had a screenplay book, a making of/behind the scenes photobook, and a children's book released afterwards (no full length novelizations, just the picture book). I've never seen a paperback edition released for any of them in the US, but don't know about your Austrailian market.

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
I wonder how the "Close to You" scene would be written.

(I should check out the children's book).

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Helena Campbell
posted Hide Post
Wow. Trippy children's boo!

Posts: 14 | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
don't you have a frigging respectable library?

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
wow, what a great first post...

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post