Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Neil: Hello I am Dilcia the Juggler
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Neil: Hello I am Dilcia the Juggler
 Login/Join

posted
I am from El Salvador, and worked in a circus with my dad who is a magician, but my dad's circus got destroyed so we went to work for another circus, a bigger one, it belonged to a family whose last name was Campbell. So the circus was called El circo de los hermanos Campbell- or The circus of the Campbells brothers' My dad wanted me to be the best juggler in the world, but i wanted to paint... so I quit so that i could take art classes...

Neal...i just saw MirrorMask.

Dilcia The Juggler

Posts: 4 | Registered: March 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Dilcia, three things:

1. Neil doesn't read the boards. I'm sure he'd love to hear your story, though, and if you go to www.neilgaiman.com and look under the FAQs you'll find a place where you can send him a message. Don't be offended if you don't hear back - the man's very busy.

2. It's usually considered a bit rude to post the same thing in multiple areas on a message board.

3. That's awesome.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your reply!! I followed your advised and did go to the FAQ. I didnt mean to be rude posting the message too many times. I've just been too exited lately after I saw Mirrormask!!... I am not ofended! I thank your advise!! Hopefully Neil would read my message...it is amazing how similar my life is to the girl in the movie!!... I thought he should know!
Anyway, thank you!!

Dilcia The Juggler

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
It is an awesome story.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

On top of the movie being oddly biographical, what did you think of the movie?

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I find interesting that you say “on top of all that odd stuff, what do you think of the movie?”… and I do not know how to answer this. Because I cannot judge the movie as an object separate from what I experienced, that experience being the ‘odd biographical stuff’.
I took a magic trip, (and no I was not in any drugs…) and whoever allowed me to take that magic trip is a magician or someone very special.

Wink

Dilcia The Juggler