Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Mirrormask Australian Release Date?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask Australian Release Date?
 Login/Join

posted
I've heard varying versions of wether or not the film will be shown in the theatres in Australia at all, which would be criminal, and Sony Australia aint talking about it. Does anyone know for real? Do we have a release date?

I don't want to watch this film on anything less than 20 meters worth of screen...

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Sony in Sydney (HO).

At present they have no release date for the film in Australia. "Probably early next year but it definitely won't be this year."

They haven't even received a print of the film to look at here. Confused

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is no custom member title here.
Picture of The Lord of Nothings
posted Hide Post
which is odd, since they've been selling the book everywhere and promoting it like mad...

Posts: 16135 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: June 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we got screwed on this one.
When Neil was on tour here, he mentioned that originally Sony had no plans to release it here except straight to DVD, but was told by Sony that because of demand it would now be released.
I now think that this was a story told to Neil just so the fans would stop annoying Sony.
I'm going to get the DVD as it will be released in Jan '06 in the US.

Here is a blog about it;
http://www.mechanicalcat.net/rachel/log/News/Get_Mirrormask_an_Australian_Release

Posts: 146 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flinx:
I think we got screwed on this one. <snip>
Okay, I was wrong.
Saw Mirrormask posters at Galaxy & Kings saying release on 8 December. It's also on the Hoyts website.

Posts: 146 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MSFC and Cinema Nova are presenting an exclusive screening of
MIRRORMASK on Thursday 8 December, 7pm

Tickets are $14 a head, and are *LIMITED*

All enquiries: email < lintilla from optusnet point com dot au > or
visit http://www.vicnet.net.au/~msfc/

At present, there is only this session in Melbourne and one session in
Sydney confirmed. Reportedly, the Sydney showing is at the Hoyts
Complex at 505-523 George St Sydney. If you contact them to make
enquires, please be polite.

Cheers,
--><--
rev.drjon
MSFC President

--
Committee for Public Safety

Posts: 202 | Location: vic australia | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post