Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Scholarly Essays on MirrorMask?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scholarly Essays on MirrorMask?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, um. Bit of an odd question but I am really trying to write a term paper about a trope in literature-- character has a "real world", plot device happens, character travels through a fantasy world with distinct physical or situational characteristics in common with their "real world"-- and am planning to use Mirrormask as one of my primary texts for analysis. However I'm having the weirdest, hardest time finding scholarly articles on this phenomenon.

Does anyone know of any such articles? Or suggestions on where to find them? Or essays on a similar subject for any/all of Gaiman's works?

If not, the FAQs do say that one can contact Cat Mihos to ask questions for dissertations. Would this be the sort of thing I could ask through that manner? This paper is related to my senior thesis work...

Thanks very much!

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
speaks Sanskrit in three different languages
Picture of MichaelJOwens
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's a moot point by now (the term being over and all), but there are many great stories that use this trope. If you're really interested look at Irving's "Rip Van Winkle" and Baum's The Wizard of Oz.

------------------------------
"I lost some time once; it's always in the last place you look for it."--Delirium

Posts: 31 | Registered: October 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post