Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Mirrormask Book Now Available! Discuss Here!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask Book Now Available! Discuss Here!
 Login/Join

Village Elder
posted
Personally, I'm not letting myself flip through it til after the movie is out in September. Such Agony!

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Trendy Nihilist
Picture of mtxx
posted Hide Post
YOu're afraid it will spoil the movie? But what if it's the complete opposite? What if watching the movie first will spoil the book? Wink

- Michael

My boring blog: http://www.xanga.com/mtxx

"This is the spring without end / This is the summer of malcontent / This is the winter of your mind"

Posts: 13534 | Location: Denmark | Registered: June 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I have the patience of a gnat. I couldn't wait.

But I will wait until the spoiler thread gets started lest I contaminate GMZoe's agonious (that is a word. really) existance.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
I don't really see how a script and storyboard book can be ruined by watching the movie, mtxx *rolls eyes, but not with a smilie icon*

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Her bite actually is worse than her bark.
Picture of Ravenina
posted Hide Post
The book is gorgeous. But I have refrained from reading the script for now until after the movie, but I have looked at the pictures. They're so purty. I can't wait for the movie.

Posts: 2538 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is tired of these monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane
Picture of general punk, MA
posted Hide Post
how much is the book? I just wasted...er...I mean purchased for my course two bloody books that cost $100

High Ranking Official of the Realm of Unproductivity and Procrastination,
Dean of the UUP, First Class member of the order of the Pineapple.
-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
cover price is $35.95 (info) but I'm sure you can find it for less. Amazon has it new for under $25

posted Hide Post
okay is it the book or the illustrated scripty thing? or the alchemy of mirrormask
there are three books.
holy crap.
*wants all of them*

-scruffy ambulating reanimated hypothetical vegetarian leigonairre of the undead. ~ Cav
-Look, I've got a cape and a tendency towards violence. It does not make me a superhero! ~ Domitella
-The key thing to remember about historians is that we are entirely capable of being objective, empirical and batshit crazy. ~ Dr. Marvinmarymac

Posts: 29254 | Location: Somewhereshire | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
This is the script and storyboards.
Here's a rundown of the books:

Mirrormask (Scriptbook) (the one out now)
The Alchemy Of Mirrormask (A making-of book)
Mirrormask Novelisation by Neil (aimed at kids)

(also of interest, A Blank Journal which Neil wrote thingies in[/url])
(Other merchaindise includes PVC figures, a dark queen bust, and the score.)

Resting by the shade of the tumtum tree, yahr!
Picture of Moon Jester
posted Hide Post
Ooh, I must have it. It'll keep me busy while I'm waiting for the movie to come out

-----~~-----
Cthulhu for president~Why vote for the lesser evil?

Posts: 9600 | Location: I was hoping you could tell me | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only sounds like Keith Flint
Picture of Rob!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2193 | Location: LA... sort of. | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ravenina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
This is the script and storyboards.
Here's a rundown of the books:

Mirrormask (Scriptbook) (the one out now)
The Alchemy Of Mirrormask (A making-of book)
Mirrormask Novelisation by Neil (aimed at kids)

(also of interest, A Blank Journal which Neil wrote thingies in[/url])
(Other merchaindise includes PVC figures, a dark queen bust, and the score.)

Also, to expound on this, the other two Mirrormask books have a pub date of 10/18/05. So you can splurge on the nice big gorgeous hardcover now, and save up for the other two from now until October. The Alchemy of Mirrormask book has a list price of $32.50 (US), and the Children's Edition has a list price of $16.99 US. Smile

Posts: 2538 | Location: Madrid, Spain | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this was all on his blog wasn't it...
should have read that closer but was probably during 'crazy stoopid busy time'
ah well. probably not much of a chance of getting them all. which one should i go for?

Picture of Ravenina
posted Hide Post
I dunno if it was on his blog or not. I just know it because I work with books. I'd go for the one that's out now. It's worth it...

Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
I will wait for the movie first.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
very strange. Doing my monthly google check on myself came up with this. Nyssa, it's official! Your avatar is the cover of Mirrormask.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
Personally, I'm not letting myself flip through it til after the movie is out in September. Such Agony!

So the movie's out in September? In the US? You know this for sure? Because I haven't been able to find information about the release anywhere. Hwo'd you know?

Posts: 1 | Location: Boston | Registered: May 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
a) He's GMZoe. He just *knows* It's almost creepy.

b) Neil's said so a couple of times on his blog (here's one : http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2005/04/thats-all-he-wrote.asp)

Village Elder
posted Hide Post
almost?? I take offense. If it's worth doing, go all the way!

Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
ah! Also would like to point out a more current answer, as posted on his blog today :

quote:
Let's end this foolishness once and for all: When is "MirrorMask" being released for the general public to experience?

Isn't "let's end this foolishness once and for all" the sort of thing you're meant to say while hefting a rather large sword? Well, in previous blog entries (like this http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2005/04/thats-all-he-wrote.asp) I said that as far as I know it'll be released in the US in September. As far as I know, it'll still be released in September. There. I hope this ends this foolishness. Er, once and for all.

If you can't wait (or if you like Dave McKean art, or if you want a peek backstage) you should check out the MirrorMask book -- http://www.neilgaiman.com/books/mirrormask_hc.asp for details. And that is out now.)

So. Yes. September.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: aitapata,