Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    Mirrormask Book Now Available! Discuss Here!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask Book Now Available! Discuss Here!
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I was last for work. Which is nothing new, but when you're the boss, you afford to be a little late, sometimes. So, as I was walking towards my store, I past Walden Books, and in the front window, MirrorMask was being displayed. I stopped. Pondered for a moment. And kept walking. I figured, the movie would be out soon, so why spoil it for myself. But then a thought hit me. I've started to make a low budget film, and maybe -- possibly, I might learn something from reading the book. So I turned around, walked into the store, grabbed the book, and forked over 40 bucks. It was an impulse purchase, really, but goddamn--it's possibly the best impulse purchase I ever made. After reading every word of the script, and staring at the bootyful pictures, I'm back on track with my little film, and I feel I can actually pull this thing off. I hope.

Posts: 383 | Location: brooklyn | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch! OOOUCH!
You're terrible... Now I'm reading your book reviews and I'm not sure I will be able to wait - considering that I completely ignore if and when the movie will be released in Italy.
Blessing Amazon, I think I'll start with the book... Wink

Make my Dream come true...

Posts: 13 | Location: Italy | Registered: October 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freelance metaphor inspector
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMZoe:
cover price is $35.95 (info) but I'm sure you can find it for less. Amazon has it new for under $25

Amazon may be cheaper, but it's more fun to get it somewhere like Dreamhaven Smile I think I'll be purchasing this for Father's Day Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I think I'm gonna buy this book today... as a father's day pressie to myself Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

Posts: 22785 | Location: here | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New here... Long time fan of Neil's work.... OK! So I came here looking for the answer to "WHEN IS MIRRORMASK OUT IN THEATERS?" and it looks like September.. I hope so!

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Lady Lucretia! Yep, movie in Sept, the scriptbook out now, and a couple other books later in the year, closer to movie release date. Hope you'll stick around! Lots happen all over the board (particularly World's End and Other Writers, and the Neil Other Works and Tour stuff, partic when new things are happening or he's headed out on a signing! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr

posted Hide Post
brillant. Truly and utterly brillant! this is the one movie i wish i could've thought of. damn you gaiman!...oh, and you too, mckean!

Posts: 383 | Location: brooklyn | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JP
posted Hide Post
I'm going to see if I don't get this for Father's Day Smile I know, I know, I already got my saw, but still, a dad can hope, no?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my tumblr