Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask Key
 Login/Join

posted
Hello. New here, really joined to ask about one thing. Wanted to know if there would possibly be anywhere to buy a replica of the Mirrormask key as it is awesome and would make an amazing gift for someone important. Any idea of how to maybe get a replica made also, plus to get a replica I would need a detailed image. Any idea where to find one of those?

Posts: 3 | Registered: August 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Gosh - I saw that last night and thought the very same thing. Don't think anyone here knows though or they may have answered!

I wonder if it would be better asking Dave McKean?

It is covetable isn't it!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2705 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's Dave McKean? You are the first response, I searched in a lot of places with no luck. A close up of the key is even hard to find last time I looked.

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
WHO'S DAVE MCKEAN? Google him - amazing artist/illustrator who works alongside many writers including Neil Gaiman - he directed Mirrormask!

I've asked him on Twitter - he is a very busy man so may not reply but you never know!

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2705 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Dave McKean replied on Twitter -

"DaveMcKean @MotleyHippie No I don't think so. There were a few promotional bits and bobs produced, but I don't remember a key."

But it would be lovely to make one. I may try if I get permission. I don't think he'd mind as long as I didn't try to do it commercially! May get me back in the workshop!

(Maybe not - think it may be a bit pointy to wear as a pendant!)

Did you google images? There are two pics of it made - and some drawn.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Motley,

Kurt Vonnegut

posted Hide Post
http://s820.photobucket.com/al.../zz130/MichaelBCook/

I took 4 screenshots of the movie Mirrormask. Now at least someone can find pictures of it on the internet.