Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mirrormask DVD?
 Login/Join

posted
Well, the movie that I've been looking forward to since last school year has came and gone without offering up one chance for me to see it. Mirrormask played in Michigan, but it played an hour or so from where i live and 3 hours from where I go to school. So now I'm just hoping someone has info on when the DVD will come out, because i NEED to see this movie.

"If you walk away, I'll walk away"

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Well..... Amazon says you're going to have to wait 20 years. Let's just hope that's a typo.

Neil commented on the Amazon date here less than a month ago :

quote:
I went and checked at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BT97AO/002-4249447-7730454 and Jon is quite right. Twenty years seems a long way away, but Sony are probably just scheduling it that far off because during the Great iPod Content Uprising Years of 2013-2024 people aren't going to have much time for things like actually watching films, what with gathering together in places where the iPodPeople can't get them and shooting them in the brain and all that stuff, and it's only after the Man-Droid-iPod Peace Treaties of 2024 that anyone gets back to the serious business bringing out DVDs of long-forgotten movies.

Alternately, I suppose it could be an Amazon.com typo and MirrorMask could be coming out on the last day of this year. That would be nice.

This place, who I am not at all familiar with, says Dec/Jan.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
(Pssst, Amy, you should actually read the blog. Fans wrote in after Neil posted what you quoted with comments like this:
quote:
Hi Neil -Regarding the MirrorMask release date on Amazon.com.....It seems that they are doing weird things on the site showing strange release dates for things that don't yet have actual real release dates. I heard about it here -http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4363. Hopefully they will realize how ridiculous this is and stop the madness soon.
So, no, we won't have to wait 20 years)

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I saw that. Didn't think a comment was worth posting. Razz

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Pardon me then, I leave you to relate half the story *wraps up 2nd-half to aitapata's stories in a handkerchief, ties kerchief to pole, swings it over shoulder, and walks merrily down the road, whistling a tune*

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DVD was listed in the November issue of Previews for release early '06.

Posts: 146 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post