Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Mirrormask    MirrorMask Trailer Music
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MirrorMask Trailer Music
 Login/Join

posted
Im pretty sure this has been asked repeatedly, but has anyone figured out what song plays in the trailer?

C'mon Niel, you must know, give us all a break and spill the beans, please.

Anxiously awaiting the film.

Posts: 1 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
There have been three trailers so far, and Neil (who doesn't contribute to these forums - if you want to ask him something, use the FAQ on the main site) as answered who did the music for the first two in his blog already:

When the first MirrorMask Teaser went up, we mentioned that the music wasn't from the movie, and people started to ask write in to ask where it was from and who did it. And I said I'd try to find out.

So for everyone who was wondering, Michael Polis at Hensons tells me it was by a composer named Fletcher Beasley. And a quick google gives a website at http://www.beatrevolution.com/ for the curious.(3/31/05)

And the old trailer (which has actual movie music on it [by Iain Bellamy], which neither the first one [the teaser] or the new one do) is currently up at: http://www.sonypictures.com/previews/player/movies/mirrormask/ in Windows Media and Real format. (6/14/05)

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
possibly more than 3 now that I think about it

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But what is the ambient track that plays at the begining of the trailer? The same trailer your link now goes to and the same one from the Apple website.

Gjunkie

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, any help regarding the music in the trailer now at the movie and apple's website would be appreciated. I contacted Fletcher Beasley and he sent me a copy of the track he composed for Mirrormask and it was not the one playing the trailers listed currently.

Posts: 1 | Registered: November 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yes! nice question! i want to know this too!Where can i download(for free) the music of the EVE trailer named "No Other Destiny" !
Thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
I imagine you can download it for free on any of the services that provide it. A quick Google search didn't show any site that doesn't break copyright. If you're thinking of breaking copyright to do so, may I suggest you do so somewhere other than on the website of a man who would like to see the guy who wrote the music receive it for free.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post