Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    Movie reviews available elsewhere....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie reviews available elsewhere....
 Login/Join

posted
Neil mentioned a review posted At Christian Spotlight, and I wanted to give a Christian Filmmaker's take on it....

First, I believe that a Christian Filmmaker is a Christian that makes films, like myself. I know, not too many people know that I'm famous, and I'm working on that Smile

In any case, the review seems overly harsh, to deem the movie itself from a Christian perspective as Offensive seems disingenuous based on the review given. She didn't seem to care whether or not the evil characters were portrayed as particularly evil, just that that were indeed, evil. An objection to an off screen love scene is warranted, however, the fact that it was indeed off screen is a good thing. I do believe the rating of PG-13 is warranted, however, the additional rating by this reviewer is not.

I'd be interested to know what other Christians on this forum believe, unless of course, there aren't any Smile

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I'm Christian and Neil's works have never clashed with my personal religious beliefs. Likewise, I didn't find anything morally objectionable in the movie.

That said, there are as many varieties of Christians as there are brands of cereal, and I'm sure there are those out there that would not agree with me.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was indeed my point exactly. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 2 | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post