Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    Deniro was grat.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deniro was grat.
 Login/Join

Are you my mummy?
Picture of Nemo888
posted
Captain Shakespeare was my favourite part of the movie.

Posts: 851 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Incidently, does anyone know why his name was changed from Johannes Alberic, as it is in the book, to Shakespeare?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suite Madame Blue
posted Hide Post
I have found that there are just certain things that happen to books when they're converted to movie scripts, mostly to expedite the story. The character's explanation in the movie is as good as any. The name Shakespeare does have a double meaning that satisfy both the captain and his crew. Plus it's humorous.

My husband rented Stardust mainly because he knew I wanted to watch it and didn't get to in the theatre. He and our son watched it to keep me company. Robert Deniro made them both fans. Arrrrh!

Member of the Spider Liberation Front (Free free, set them free)

Posts: 619 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post