Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    question regarding village of wall
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question regarding village of wall
 Login/Join

posted
on page 3 it says "Immediately to the east of Wall is a high grey rock wall, from which the town takes its name. [...] and it comes from the woods and goes back to the woods once more."

i'm confused about whether the wall is surrounding the village or if its just a straight wall on the east side of the village? or something else?

thank you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: February 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I always thought it was just that, a wall that came out of the woods and back into the woods. While reading the book I never thought much of it - I figured it was just a sort of area of Faerie that got extruded into our world, and that's why people from Wall guarded that entrance. The movie adaptation takes a bit more liberty with it and it became a huge, long thing and that idea never worked for me.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post