Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    Septimus as the Red Spirit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Septimus as the Red Spirit?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, y'all Smile

Near the end of the film - when Tristan discovers that he is the last male heir to the throne - the princes' ghosts all turn into 'spirits' - I believe the red one is Septimus? - but whereas six of the white ones fly off into the sky, the red one flies off below: did this spirit enter the Necklace (the stone being a ruby, and whatnot) or did it perhaps depict it going into some sort of hell, whereas his brothers go into some sort of heaven?

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
wow, that's really crazy! it looked like the red one went into the fire. which...wow. i'm rather shocked.

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the "going to hell" theory actually makes sense, Septimus being by far the most wicked of the seven princes. In the movie, it came across as if his father also favored him most as a successor. He makes Secundus look out of the window, knowing full well Septimus will take this as an opportunity to kill him - he even gives Septimus a sign to push him out.

Posts: 2 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post