Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    I can't stop watching Stardust! I love it!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I can't stop watching Stardust! I love it!
 Login/Join

Picture of ~*Trisha*~
posted
This is the most delightful movie...and just when I think it is my private obsession, I realize that I am so much like other language arts teachers. I went to a workshop last week. One section was led by badass word nerds like me. At the end of one the presenter's speal (also a language arts teacher) she declared, "Now I'm going home to watch Stardust...again." with the most relaxing tone of voice. I knew I had found yet one more commonality among those of us who love and teach language. We're born with a genetic predilection to so many things that are a mystery slowly revealed through life experiences.

Thank you, Neil, for the director's bit that you provided on the dvd. Very nice, very eloquent, and so insightful.

And above all, please keep writing fairy tales for adults. Some of us never stopped loving them and never stopped wanting to believe if just for a moment.

Patricia

Posts: 5 | Location: Washington State | Registered: May 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Hello Trisha and welcome to the board.

I'm really glad you love Stardust, I do to, however, Neil himself does not read the board, if you want your message to be read by them, you're going to have to send it to his faq on neilgaiman.com, which can be found here.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
I watched Stardust again for the millionth (or so) time Sunday. it's become the movie I watch when I feel like watching "a movie" rather than a specific movie.

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of champagneeyes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Apathy:
I watched Stardust again for the millionth (or so) time Sunday. it's become the movie I watch when I feel like watching "a movie" rather than a specific movie.

Definitely. Same here. I watched it (for the 100th time) with a friend last saturday night. So beautiful.

Thou art so true that thoughts of thee suffice
To make dreams truths and fables histories...
~John Donne

Posts: 176 | Location: In the pines, in the pines... | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stardust is such a darling of a movie. Seeing it in the theatres was such a joyous experience. I was so excited after the first 5 minutes, I wanted to savior every minute thereafter.(really wasn't the beginning narration so cool!!) I still keep the movie close to my heart and hope that more like it will come my way and of course your way.

Posts: 2 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magealita
posted Hide Post
I still love watching this movie. In fact I will watch it alone so that others can't tarnish my experience unless of course they are also a fan of the movie. But I have yet to meet a fan of the movie in real life.

I was soo excited when I first saw the previews for this. I have ever only read the edition of stardust which was illustrated by charles vess. I can't imagine a version without illustrations.

"When driving your own karma shifts happen"

Posts: 13 | Location: Fairfax VA | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RexFarrales
posted Hide Post
I have read the book after that I was so excited to watch this movie, but most of the people said movie is not too good but when I saw it, I just love the story, script, everything!!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes the movie was superb but why it rated so low at cinemas.

Posts: 1 | Location: 25910 Hillside Ave, Apt 5F Floral Park, NY 11004-1630 | Registered: October 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even I don't understand why the movie is rated so low..This movie is a combination of action, romance and clean comedy...People go on the review not the movie..That's the main reason the movie is rated less..

Posts: 1 | Location: 433 Gold Finch Cir, Lake Villa, IL 60046 | Registered: November 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
click?
posted Hide Post
I love it too- I don't understand why people complain about it being different from the book. There was a version of it that was best suited to book form, and a version best suited to a film, and that's the end of it, for me.

Posts: 61 | Location: the madhouse | Registered: November 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post