Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    parental control
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

parental control
 Login/Join

posted
I have yet to see the movie myself and am itching to go see it. I have a seven and a four year old that want to see it because I read them books of this genre... they are interested in witches and faeries and magic and unicorns, ect. Plus I have read Stardust at bedtime. Is it appropriate to bring them to this movie? They have seen and enjoyed PG-13 movies before... they like the comic book movies, ect. I just wanted to hear other voices on teh topic before I make a mistake and bring them to the theater.

Posts: 1 | Location: california | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Lamia, the witch, is pretty frightening in parts simply because she changes from a beautiful woman into a mean old hag - my experience is that some kids get weirded out by people changing like that.

Apart from that, there are princes getting killed in various gruesome (generally off-screen) ways, and you see their ghosts long afterwards, all bearing the scars of their deaths. There are few other slightly frightening moments, but nothing else that stands out as nightmare-inducing.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
We took our almost seven year old to see it with us (me and hubby) and he said he wasn't scared. He certainly hasn't complained about nightmares. I only had some problems with him playing with his plastic sword in the house Smile

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shadowsworn
posted Hide Post
Well they pretty much cut out any things that might be inappropriate for kids (I thought anyway). The example that stands out for me the most is the scene where Yvaine falls to earth. They don't have her saying "fuck".

"Things to do. People to damage."

sort-of vaguely here.

Posts: 31 | Location: Toronto | Registered: January 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post