Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Stardust    Little White Lies Interview
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little White Lies Interview
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there

I just noticed that you linked to the interview with Little White Lies. While I understand that you thought it was 'silly' I wanted to say thanks for that.

If I can just say in our defence (in my defence actually - I asked the question): it was a legitimate question in as much as there was a rumour that I'd heard about Matthew Vaughn having trouble with the scale of the film, even if it turned out to be wrong to suggest that anybody could take it away from him.

And I think the fact that we printed your answer in full, ridiculing the question, shows that we are trying to engage honestly with movie fans even if we sometimes get it wrong. If we were just trying to be snarky or get a rise out of you I don't think we'd have printed your response in that way.

Anyway, I just wanted to clarify that and I wasn't sure how else to do it. It's true that we didn't love the film, but we're big fans of your other work and are looking forward to Coraline.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Companion to owls
Picture of cloverheart
posted Hide Post
Hi and welcome to the Boards!
Niel doesn't read the Boards (really!), so if you want to tell him something, the best way to do that is through the "Ask Neil" link on the FAQ section of his Journal. He does get tons of emails so I don't know how guaranteed it is that he'll read yours (let alone reply), but as far as I know he tries to read them all.

But you're welcome to hang around here as you like Smile

Posts: 11802 | Location: home? | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post