Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Oracle Ball
 Login/Join

posted
I feel I should inform You all on the reply the Oracle gave me, before I even asked my question.
I shook him/ her/ it properly by telling him/ her/ it that he/ she/ it would never be loved, never respected, or ever perceived as anything other than a tool for the overlyambitious, who are incapable of grasping his/ her/ its messages (or at the very least unwilling to accept that which they grasp)

The Oracle then enlightened me on the possible consequences of shaking him/ her/ it too much.

Risking another Iceage in these days of global warming just to play Ouija with an oracle, seems recless to the Oracle as well as myself.

Mr. Gaiman must have been aware of such risks when he posted the manual for the Oracle.

I fear for Armageddon should the Oracle be subject to such petty entertainment over any duration, and beg it be relieved of performing common partytricks for the public.

Word to the wise, if you don't know what you're messing with, don't mess with it.

Posts: 1 | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
Chrystalpalace, I've moved this to the journal as it seemed more relevant there.

If you thought you were sending it to Neil's FAQs (the ones he reads) you got the wrong page, this is neilgaimanboarddotcom what you need is neilgaimandotcom

Neil does not read the boards.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20596 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no member title
Picture of His Noodle Girl
posted Hide Post
I guess the Oracle didn't tell her that.

__
I like it maybe 63 percent!

Posts: 15475 | Location: Bouncing round in bathrooms! | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*vaguely wondering where the three dwarfs are*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Back at the cabin, "tutoring" Snow White.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Delphic Oracle was a priestess of Apollo, she could get in an altered state, muttering words inspired by the god, which male priests transcribed. She burned laurel leaves and barley meal on the altar before having visions. Some say she had visions of global warming and major earthquakes. Like what the Mayans described about 2012 that the Shamans prophesied.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*ponders* Can the oracle tell us why it's always Sundays?

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
I believe that we need an 8th level Oracle to Discern Location – ((Revealing the exact location of a creature or object such as Dwarves.))
She appears to be speaking from a 9th level platform wielding a 6th sense to warn of impending danger- when my own 2nd level Augury hasn't even determined the 'good or bad' of the action she is describing as of yet! ((That seems to be a 6h level Legend Lore she's going on about...))

Wait- - - is it Sunday already?! Thanks for bringing that up Maeve!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post