Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    hey, Motley Hippie
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

hey, Motley Hippie
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted
quote:
Hi Neil
I would like to meet Dave McKean at Forbidden Planet and ask him to sign the Graveyard Book, (and maybe a couple of comics if poss) but it'll be bloody difficult to queue for him in Shaftsbury Ave at 5pm and then get to your talk near Aldwych for 6pm.
I was going to buy the Graveyard Book from Blackwells at your signing with the ticket discount as promised. OK, I know its only £2 but I wanted a few copies to give to friends - it all adds up you know!
So, my question is this. Why, oh why don't you ask Mr McKean to come to the London School of Economics signing after his? Please?
We have three kids to drag from one venue to the other if we do try to do both and you know what nearly/early teens are like - in Hallowe'en gear. They will not want to! (Well they might in a cab - but the cost!)
Sorry about the rant. I just thought maybe you could ask? Just a thought. Thank you for listening.
Maggie

Well, my event will have a 6:30pmish start time, not 6.00pm. but I take your point. Dave is planning to come down to the Blackwells event after his signing, and may well sign your books if you see him and ask nicely, but he isn't planning to do a whole second signing when I do mine that evening. He likes chocolate, and may well be bribable.

goodluck on the bribing Smile

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is in perfect karmic alignment
Picture of Punkyfins
posted Hide Post
Yay Motley Hippie!
*hugs*
Congrats Big Grin

-------------------
Blog: Room with a view.

~You are a *Taverner*.
Sometimes patrons want to go where everybody knows their names, though it helps when half of them are named John. When people want to celebrate, or commiserate, they gather to your establishment. You provide the atmosphere, the warmth, rum, and even an ear to bend. Did I mention the rum? Years before the language will be mangled with terms like facilitator and networking and interpersonal communication, you've overseen it all, and broken up a few bar fights, to boot.~
-Royko

Posts: 8667 | Location: Just north of Earth | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dane Cook's Final Horcrux
Picture of Domi
posted Hide Post
hehe Big Grin

Posts: 20848 | Registered: November 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
hee! that was Hippie? *bribe vibes*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hehehe - well that was fun wasn't it! I got a question in the blog!! (I got an email answer once too - lucky or what!)

I'm a bit of a baddie and asked Mr Neil exactly what sort of chocolate Dave McKean liked, at the ORG talk. He said dark chocy - properly made stuff (I can't spell chocolatier - oh yes I can) well, something from one of them. And he went on to tell me about once giving Mr McKean and his wife a chocolate hamper for Christmas - sounded wonderful - there is a link somewhere on his blog - but I said I'd already read it and cut him off! That was mean wasn't it, but I could see he was about to go into a long story and there were people waiting for him, so I interrupted him (sorry Mr Neil). But he interrupted me and said "it's true, it was a huge hamper, and there were chocolate glasses and everything and it was all gone by New Years Eve!"

I thought of how wonderful it would be to have enough money to have something made specially for him, a character or something! Never mind.

What was really weird was that I thought I'd be more excited to see Mr Neil again at the ORG thing, but you see the thing is, I'd met KEANU REEVES on Tuesday! He's been my favourite famous person for twenty years and Mr Neil's only been my favourite famous person for about three years! But Mr Neil was so lovely and interesting and funny and he answered my daughter's question in the Q&A bit, and it was very exciting in the end. He has lovely eyes by the way!

It was also exciting to meet some of the other boardies too - they have lovely eyes as well of course. AND SILLY PUNK WON A COPY OF THE BOOK!

So it's been a very exciting week. All said and done.

Thanks you so much for your whoops of joy and for the bribing luck!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
OK, I'm still seething with jealousy, but that's just totally awesome!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I am such a pratt! I forgot the chocolate!

I forgot the Sandman comics I wanted them to sign, I forgot a pressie I bought for Mr Neil ( a lovely black shiny crow), I forgot the red helium balloons I bought and we were late and didn't manage to sit with the other boardies!

After all that! What a pratt!

(It was still a most exciting month)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Motley,

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post