Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    The 1,014,261 Words Party
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 1,014,261 Words Party
 Login/Join

Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted
Aw. No one noticed Neil passing the One Million Word mark. But I think we can do a retro-party.

*passes out red balloons to everyone*

*unveils the Pie Table, in which slices of every sort of imaginable pie are arranged. (Not the entire pie, mind you, just a few slices. An entire pie of every sort imaginable would just be silly)*

*hangs up a banner that proclaims "HUZZAH! PIE!" in large letters*

*waits for others to arrive*

*while waiting, counts to one million, fourteen thousand, two hundred sixty one*

edit : *not while holding my breath, though*

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smartest woman in the world.
Picture of Jocelyn
posted Hide Post
*Shoves a bunch of pie in my mouth*

Haffy Milliom Mifter Meil!

*Chews and swallows*

Posts: 8092 | Location: On the 34th Floor | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suite Madame Blue
posted Hide Post
Ooh, pie! *Stuffs face. Dissolves into a puddle of sugary bliss*

Happy Million-Words-Plus Neil!

Member of the Spider Liberation Front (Free free, set them free)

Posts: 619 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
*brushes crumbs from corner of mouth, looks up*

Wha'? Wha'?

Oh!

*sings, with considerable feeling but not well*

Happy Million-Plus Words To Youuuuuu!
Happy Million-Plus Words To Youuuuuu!
Happy Million-Words Plus, Mister Neeeeeil!
Happy Million Words-Plus Toooooooo Youuuuuuuu!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Adoration of the Modii
Picture of Masque
posted Hide Post
wow Whooo hoo!!!! a million words!!! awesome.. that is like what 100 high school essays???

-- Give a man a fish, he eats for the day; Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime; Teach that man to cook, and he can feed the world....
Head chef in the Realm of Procrastination and Unproductivity, Dp.u.: "You want fries with that?"
Holder for the Golden Pineapple Pin.
------------------------------------------------
If it is on the plate, its food. If it crawls off the plate; Kill it and put it back on the plate.
------------------------------------
I love small furry creatures; especially in a good sauce.

Posts: 13941 | Location: In the Kitchen, Cooking Something. | Registered: March 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Whooo!!! Balloons!!! 1,014,261 words!!! 1,014,261 balloons!!! Whooo!!! 1,014,261 pies!!!

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
w00t!

The first thing that drew me to this board was reading the blog, and I got Adventures in the Dreamscape as much for the blog reprint as the rest of the material.

(breaking my own rule about not letting people pretend they can talk to Neil in any way directly here)

Thanks for a million words, Neil. Thanks mostly for all the other ones, too, because you take such great care to put them all in just the right order. Here's to many millions more.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
hooray!
::sings:: 1,014,261 luft balloons..

::makes a ginormous tower/pyramid out of neil's words::

jenga!

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14237 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mmmm, cake!

Here's to the next million! (words, I mean. I'm not sure I could eat a million cakes in one go, even if they were very tiny ones.)

Posts: 388 | Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, Europe,etc,etc | Registered: October 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
But wait, it's not too late. ^_^

According to the latest stats (which include the earlier American Gods blog but strip all quoted stuffs) he's up to just a bit over 940k words, so we've still got nearly 60k words to go until the million-word party!

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Dan, are we there yet?

Smile

Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
According to the word cloud we're currently at 953,057!!

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
Ooo, I was wondering how to find out the word count - thanks! Smile

Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
Knowing is half the battle, as they say. ^_^

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
wheeee! almost-a-million-words!

*wonders if there's any pie left*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post