Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    Question about Journal link
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Journal link
 Login/Join

Picture of bublnsqueak
posted
Hi, can anyone tell me how to access the link in Neil's journal today?

mms://wmt.streaming.telstra.com/wh_telstr21/SydneyWriters/2006/SWFGraphicBooks_250506.wmv

Maybe it's because I'm on a Mac, but I get error messages when I click on it. When I try pasting the address in the browser window, and permutations of the address, it doesn't get me anywhere. I'm a big fan of 'The Time Traveller's Wife', as well as Neil's work, so I'd love to access it! (Can't find the link to the talk on Google, either!)

Can anyone help?

Posts: 10 | Location: London | Registered: April 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:rattle:rattle:
Picture of When_lingers
posted Hide Post
Don't much about macs, but as it is a windows media file, I'm not sure if you can play it, unless you have something that will open streaming windows media content.

Jeremy

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤
en boucle Claire Diterzi
"Come over here to where When lingers." Jig of Life -- Kate Bush
How's your jesus christ been hanging? Father Lucifer -- Tori Amos
Where When lingers and talks about music, books, art and life.

Posts: 1955 | Location: France | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bublnsqueak
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Sorry, I'm a bit slow, but I finally figured it out, opening up Windows Media separately and then clicking on it. (I'm not used to Windows, usually things open up automatically... lots to learn here.)

But what a great discussion! After the peppy music that made me laugh, I was so glad to hear that the very first reference was to Craig Thompson's 'Blankets'. And I'm thinking I must go away and find out what Richard Powers writes; apparently Audrey Niffenegger loves his work.

Posts: 10 | Location: London | Registered: April 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post