Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    Talking about the blog
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talking about the blog
 Login/Join

Wigber
Picture of Shadoth
posted
I looked through and didn't see anything like this elsewhere on the board. Probably missed it. Anyway, just wanted to say that I never really expected to see the words "Yo yo yo sup Doggs" on Neil's blog. I like a little funny in the morning.

I need a new sig. I need a sig that matters.

Posts: 238 | Location: Chicagoish | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
(there's something in the works as far as a Blog Discussion)

Did you catch the "bitchcakes" a few weeks ago? My new favorite word.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Archus dracomagii
Picture of Chomiji
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was funny. But that was Maddy this morning. She likes to be ultra-cool sometimes - it helps when you're only 11 ....

- Cho

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
You are a Confectioner. Who can take a sunrise and sprinkle it with dew? Actually, that's Bob The Enchanter, two doors down on the left. But you make delectable treats, which is no simple feat considering Oompa Loompas won't be invented for three centuries. Not only do you delight with your sweets, but you've paved the way for a new profession: dentistry!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
the blog thing: From an Ayewards World ...

Posts: 2603 | Location: Takoma Park, MD, USA | Registered: June 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
::bumpa::

just wanted to remark that for a journalism student that guy isn't very smart. i had one journalism class about 4 years ago, and even i know if you want to interview someone, your first question is, "can i interview you for an article i'm writing?" not "do be kind enough to answer the following..."
dork.

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14237 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
I missed bitchcakes. I would have loved to have seen that!

aliasmoi.livejournal.com
http://www.pbase.com/ragamuffingirl

Posts: 218 | Location: Middle of Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cele
posted Hide Post
It was from 'The Skippy Show' (a very classic blog - made me shiver!) [Neil borrowed it from NewsRadio]

http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2005/12/skippy-show.asp

'Seanachaidh to the Elvish Horde'
~~
"It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level."

- Marvin, the Paranoid Android

Posts: 56 | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cele
posted Hide Post
Bleagh! {it's late!) - clarifying! - Neil borrowed 'Bitchcakes' from NewsRadio

~~

Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
Awwwwwwwwww, I thought he made that up.

It's still my new favorite naughty word, though.

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
Picture of Yepa [Holdingpillow]
posted Hide Post
I'm addicted to his journal. Neil is the only man I've ever fallen in love with just based on writing (in a very non-sexual way, I just love this man). He seems very sweet. It's things like this:

(From the hotel room above me comes a noise that sounds exactly like someone using a file to saw through prison bars. I just thought you'd like to know that.)

that makes me melt!

(And by the way: Yes, I did like to know that)

You should be fencing, and I should be banging coconuts!

"No more! The Earth's a burrito! We're done!"
-The Snazz-

Trying to take over the world, one nude cook at the time

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
I feel the same way about the blog and about him. Honestly when he's not writing for a few days I miss him.

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chimeer:
I feel the same way about the blog and about him. Honestly when he's not writing for a few days I miss him.

Me too.

*wishing she was in Glasgow after reading the journal just now*

-The Snazz-

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Psittacula servus
Picture of parrotslave
posted Hide Post
When someone asks me what my favorite work by Neil Gaiman is, I say his blog.

Reading on his blog about how much he loves being a dad and how precious his family is to him is what converted me from a casual reader to a fan.

---------
She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.
~ Mark Twain

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind. Have you eaten enough ice cream?

Posts: 1119 | Location: island of misfit toys | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Psittacula servus
Picture of parrotslave
posted Hide Post
Just noticed, if you refresh the blog page the picture on the right changes now.

Now to go explore the rest of the website to see what other changes they have made.

---------
She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.
~ Mark Twain

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind. Have you eaten enough ice cream?

Posts: 1119 | Location: island of misfit toys | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
That is so cool Smile))

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parrotslave:
When someone asks me what my favorite work by Neil Gaiman is, I say his blog.

Reading on his blog about how much he loves being a dad and how precious his family is to him is what converted me from a casual reader to a fan.

Parrot, me too! Everytime he posts something about his daughters I'm like "Awwwwwww!!!" They've got him completely wrapped around their little fingers.

Anyway, in the most recent blog if you click on the link for people calling eachother Nazi it leads to a Wikipedia article on the origins of the name Godwin?!? Somehow I don't think that's what he intended. Though, I was worried it was going to link to a book site I go to where people tend to think "effing *itch" and "diseased *unt" are terms of affection.

aliasmoi.livejournal.com

Posts: 218 | Location: Middle of Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cele
posted Hide Post
Yea! Saw that and wondered casually if he was looking at something on Aethelred the Inept. (probably not!)

Suppose Mary Godwin would be closer!

~~

Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he meant to link to Godwin's law. There's a internal link to a Wikipedia-article about that on the bottom of the wiki-page he linked to, so just go to the bottom to get there. It was an interesting read!

-The Snazz-

Picture of Cele
posted Hide Post
Oh, that's GOOD! What I've missed by underusage of chatrooms!

Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
See, you need us! *smile*

-The Snazz-

Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
quote:
25. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Imaginary things and people.

I think if I were Mary Gaiman, I'd be a little put out right now.

aliasmoi.livejournal.com