Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    Talking about the blog
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talking about the blog
 Login/Join

the Penitent
Picture of Artguy C.
posted Hide Post
Ohh- I just read the Zoe blog, and Appreciate the kind lady for bringing it up. (I would not have seen it otherwise.)
Wants to add a loving afterthought to bring it back into a happier perspective, ---I came here to post in regards to how cute and funny this quote is, but then I side tracked into sad news. ---Let this regenerate the talk back into a new perspective:
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
You mean you're the same age as the blog Moni or have the same date of birth?! Cool either way!

All I can say is "kitties!!!*
Aw, they are wonderful aren't they.

I feel like it is beautiful how easily and deeply we are taken by such sweet little creatures? They are everywhere, and they all need love. And somehow- luckily-- we all have quite a bit of love to give out! Despite the fact that we allll know that someday- we'll probably lose them.
The loss will hurt- but, it's worth the love we invest!

Okay-- maybe this one goes in the 'bleeding heart romantic' thread... - - sorry!! : ))
Funny quote though!

Safe Travels Zoe!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Greater or Lesser Minneapolis, MN USA | Registered: March 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevereverland
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtguyChuck:
Ohh- I just read the Zoe blog, and Appreciate the kind lady for bringing it up. (I would not have seen it otherwise.)
Wants to add a loving afterthought to bring it back into a happier perspective, ---I came here to post in regards to how cute and funny this quote is, but then I side tracked into sad news. ---Let this regenerate the talk back into a new perspective:
quote:
Originally posted by Motley:
You mean you're the same age as the blog Moni or have the same date of birth?! Cool either way!

All I can say is "kitties!!!*
Aw, they are wonderful aren't they.

I feel like it is beautiful how easily and deeply we are taken by such sweet little creatures? They are everywhere, and they all need love. And somehow- luckily-- we all have quite a bit of love to give out! Despite the fact that we allll know that someday- we'll probably lose them.
The loss will hurt- but, it's worth the love we invest!

Okay-- maybe this one goes in the 'bleeding heart romantic' thread... - - sorry!! : ))
Funny quote though!

Safe Travels Zoe!

*Warm fuzzies in agreement*

Love is good weather for people or for furry people, we all have our beloved pets, we all miss them when they go.

*Call me button eyes*

If vegetarians eat vegetables what do humanitarians eat?

Posts: 62 | Location: Everywhere all at once | Registered: December 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
So, DanGuy need suggestions about what to do for the blog anniversary. Has a thread been started on this yet?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
*Special Achievement Award Winner 2010* shines on like the stars
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to you.

+++
Life is too short to read a bad book.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Hee. I got another reply on the blog. I do so love Mr Neil. He makes me all fuzzy and warm!

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
It is National Library Week. (Neil is the spokesman) Follow the links in neil's blog and listen to him talk about libraries and librarians. Just one mre reason I love this guy.

+++

Posts: 2485 | Location: Page 42 | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
I'm a little embarrassed by what I write sometimes - but this is a "proper" question!

Has the book STORIES which is on countdown on the blog, edited by NG and AS, got a new story in it BY Mr Neil?

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does.

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Thank you Danguy. I look forward to reading it. I haven't said thanks before because my big sister died suddenly on 18th. She was 56. Subarachnoid haemaorrhage.
I hadn't noticed that Mr Neil hadn't updated the blog either. I'm so sad. Twitter feels likes a frivolity to keep up with things, but the blog and Worlds End mean much to me. Can you thank Mr Neil from me for not saying goodbye to the blog, and tell him that we understand and know that he is busy - and that we are too.
Oh and one more thing. Can you ask him if he will come back to England one day soon read to us again? Smile

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
I just sent Mr. G an email with an idea for a series of blog posts during his hiatus. We'll see if anything comes of it!

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
could be the Video who killed the Radio star.
Picture of fluffyllama
posted Hide Post
what a splendiferous idea it is! where/when did you get all the cabal sketches & art?

lookit me, i'm postin! wheee!

Posts: 14237 | Location: Mpls, MN USA | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
The Cabal art all comes from the Neverwear contest. The pictures come from Mr. G, many by way of Kyle Cassidy.

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
They are lovely Dan Guy - thank you.

Kurt Vonnegut

Melittosphex sapiens
Picture of Hive
posted Hide Post
Good gravy, Mr Neil - however lovely Miss Maddy is, the idea of a fifteen-year-old driving on the freeway fills me with horror!

"bring on the be-tentacled oppressors" - fluffyllama

Posts: 15843 | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Same here Hive! The thought of our 18 year old driving gives me kittens - let alone our nearly 16 year old.

Just read the blog and am so very pleased that Mr Neil said he would continue his journal. I enjoy it and would miss his wordy updates. Twitter's great for gossip, but a good journal entry warms me cockles Wink

Kurt Vonnegut

Picture of library lady
posted Hide Post
just had to post about today journal entry. the story about a boy maned Jared wes very touching. read it if you haven't already

+++

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Oh Danth Guyth, you do crack me up Big Grin

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24392 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
I am pleased to hear it.

posted Hide Post
This minnesota library thing has raised some waves. Neil handled this with grace and humour! I just have to say here that I am pro weasels, especially when they write great stuff like him.
Uh and I made a weasel T-shirt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dweller in Darkness,

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
While I'm as big a fan of free enterprise as the next capitalist dog, removed the link for the T-shirt.

Nice idea, though.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post