Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    Talking about the blog
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talking about the blog
 Login/Join

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
That comment may have been an extension of the, "don't you bring my name into your fiction writing, young Mister Gaiman," that seems implied in their relationship.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:
That comment may have been an extension of the, "don't you bring my name into your fiction writing, young Mister Gaiman," that seems implied in their relationship.

Errmmm.... No wonder the guy at the Quoteable Neil thinks she doesn't exist.

aliasmoi.livejournal.com
http://www.pbase.com/ragamuffingirl

Posts: 218 | Location: Middle of Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
Picture of Yepa [Holdingpillow]
posted Hide Post
quote:
18. What is your fancy dress costume of choice?
Pirate.

Can you imagine Neil in a pirate costume? I'd love to see that! It's good he doesn't take himself too seriously!

and..

quote:
26. Which living person do you most despise and why?
I've never made it as far as despising anyone. It takes work for me to get as far as "dislike".

27. Have you ever said "I love you" without meaning it?
Occasionally at the end of long business phone calls, I'll put down the phone and realise that I just said "I love you" to my agent or someone. It's like the moment where you realise you just called a schoolteacher "Mum".

I had to post those, if nothing else then just for my own pleasure!

You should be fencing, and I should be banging coconuts!

"No more! The Earth's a burrito! We're done!"
-The Snazz-

Trying to take over the world, one nude cook at the time

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
Buying books I'll never read, in the vague hope that if ever I'm stranded on a desert island I'll have remembered to have packed a steamer trunk filled with unread books.

This one made me happy because my dad was always reproaching (or making fun of) my mom for buying books she was never going to read and I thought he was just being a narrow-minded jerk for it. Now I feel vindicated.

quote:
38. What keeps you awake at night?
Silence.

I don't know why I like this one so much.

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dweller in Darkness:

I am so frickin' curious about their relationship! He never talks about his wife (didn't even know her name before this thread), but he does talk about all his kids. I guess that's why we never hear about it, isn't it? To keep their relationship private. Oh, well. I'm still curious...

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
There's been some implication that such is the case, but by no means should you take my word for it. I do know that it's a fairly common thing when someone marries someone who becomes a sort of minor celebrity with massive name recognition.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
It's either very sweet, or very rude, but I'll go with sweet for 200, because I like to think good things about mr. Gaiman.

Although I really just came by to say: I'm so glad I've never tried Avocado juice with lime and skimmed milk *insert smiley ready to throw up here*

-The Snazz-

Posts: 6217 | Location: Vikingland | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
there was another bit where a friend chided him for not adding "brilliant" and "thingy" to his list of overused words.

I must be channeling Neil, because I use those two words an awful lot!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
Ah, The Neil has infested your brain with his waaay overused words through his writing (I'm sure there's some strange psycological thingy he uses). You MUST stop reading NOW!!!!

-The Snazz-

Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yepa:
Ah, The Neil has infested your brain with his waaay overused words through his writing (I'm sure there's some strange psycological thingy he uses). You MUST stop reading NOW!!!!

I don't want to, and you can't make me!

I could stop any time I wanted to! I just dont! Really!

aliasmoi.livejournal.com

Posts: 218 | Location: Middle of Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
That's what you think.

But you're addicted, I tell you! Addicted!

-The Snazz-

Picture of aliasmoi
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's what you think.

::::stamps feet and gets tearful:::

I'm not! I could quit anytime I want! REALLY!!! I COULD!!! I just don't want to!!

(this is fun)

aliasmoi.livejournal.com

Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
Yey for aitapata!

Posts: 341 | Location: Indiana, US | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rogue Tomato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aliasmoi:
quote:
That's what you think.

::::stamps feet and gets tearful:::

I'm not! I could quit anytime I want! REALLY!!! I COULD!!! I just don't want to!!

(this is fun)

I think it's time for an intervention here..

Sweetie, come here, sit down. Now I want you to feel safe here...

-The Snazz-

Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I'm with aliasmoi - I'm addicted and I see no need for an intervention! I am quite happy, I already feel safe...

no, get those electrodes away from me!

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where are you guys finding those numbered quotes?

I'd love to read them all.

Posts: 182 | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Elah Adonijai
Picture of The Scoundrel
posted Hide Post
Sweet Eternals picture...I can't wait!!!

Posts: 2179 | Location: Hiding in the secret compartments of Whittier, CA | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yahr, fear the power of the elf-man!
Picture of Lan Martak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Scoundrel:
Sweet Eternals picture...I can't wait!!!

I still re read Thor 300 sometimes because I think it was the last decent portrayal of the Eternals and the Celestials.
If anyone can do a worthy story it would be Neil.
I will get this sight unseen.

------------------------------
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.

Posts: 15884 | Location: The Cenotaph road and Oh-Hi-Oh | Registered: October 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Psittacula servus
Picture of parrotslave
posted Hide Post
I can't help but wonder if the bear wandering around Neil's house is really a bigfoot.

---------
She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.
~ Mark Twain

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind. Have you eaten enough ice cream?

Posts: 1119 | Location: island of misfit toys | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chimeer
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it's a manbearpig!