Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Stuff and Things.  Hop To Forums  The Journal    Talking about the blog
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talking about the blog
 Login/Join

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
quote:
From the blog

(Libraries are your friend. It's one of the refrains of this blog, I think.)

Another gold star from Neil for Aita, Joc and librarians everywhere Smile

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24392 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Oh yes - I'm so pleased to be able to look at Neilhimself and remember all those old vibes. My memory is shot and he's bringing it all back!
Thank you kindly Mr Neil

PS - Did anyone make one of those lovely Japanese mud balls that he wrote about sometime last year?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dan Guy
posted Hide Post
I made two. I couldn't get them shiny, though. I polish them idly every once in a while when I'm standing around outside with nothing to do.

Posts: 51 | Location: D.C.-ish, USA | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weirdy American Tart Thing
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I completely missed Japanese mud balls. um. *goes a-googling*

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

The brain: not always amenable to logic. ~Hive

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Did you find them Maeve? I do hope your balls get shiny, Dan Guy!
I think I'm going to wait until the real spring comes in England - because it's snowing here now, which is really unusual in the area I live in - and the ground will be too cold. I'll have to re-search (!) for them again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Motley,

Kurt Vonnegut

Posts: 2709 | Location: Woman of Kent | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
And I bought Martin Millar's Lonely Werewolf Girl and Good Fairies of New York because he recommend them. They are good though!

I guess what I should be doing is thanking him for finding things I (and many others?) enjoy. Where else do you find out about things you like? Usually from friends but this is weird getting ideas from someone you don't know. He just makes me smile. (Especially that story about the toy rabbit with two heads and his daughter saying that one was dead! - that was just so funny - horrid but funny)

Anyway, enough's enough - I needed a rant! (and maybe some more friends!)

(i'll probably pop back and take these away soon) (embarrassed)

Kurt Vonnegut

is irreducibly complex
Picture of Weeble
posted Hide Post
I want gruesome injury pictures. Is that wrong of me? *ponders*

~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~ . . ~
Weeble: Vibrant and bouncy, like something one would find valiantly trying to escape from a Disney geneticist's specimen freezer. - Pelham Bleatwell, Esq.

Posts: 10991 | Location: *rattling the bars of my cage* | Registered: November 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
poor neil...that experience sounded incredibly painful.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Posts: 675 | Location: a little star | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poisoner of Chonae
Picture of sammael
posted Hide Post
Love me or hate me - and given the women I've known, I'd really prefer the latter - but I think that we should all collectively or apart send our best wishes to poor Mr Gaiman...and yes, Weeble, you are a horrible child.

cause and effect:
the best often die by their own hand just to get away, and those left behind can never quite understand why anybody
would ever want to get away
from them.
Charles Bukowski Septuagenarian Stew

Posts: 243 | Location: lies to the east of Eden | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
*snort* I love what he told Maddy to say about her scar.

Poor Neil.

Minister of Kraftwerk in the Realm of U & P, Order of the Pineapple with frond for advancement in Nap studies.

Posts: 25366 | Location: under tangled yarn | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Poisoner of Chonae
Picture of sammael
posted Hide Post
So it IS Neverwhere (the movie) - couldn't be any worse than the tv series aired on BBC2 about 12 years back - that didn't have a lot to recommend it at all. Shall we start casting, or has someone, somewhere already done so? (stupid question - indubitably, that is the case). Natalie Portman as Dor (well, she can play the princess, can't she?). One of the Feinnes brothers as the Angel Islington. Ray Winstone as the brutish 'exterminator' character (can't recall their names) and Rhys Ifans as the clever, fiendish, faberge egg eating one. Adrien Brody as the 'everyman and no-man' hero. Rosario Dawson as Huntress. This should really be a separate thread...oh, well...less things to go unravelling on me...

cause and effect:
the best often die by their own hand just to get away, and those left behind can never quite understand why anybody
from them.

Posts: 243 | Location: lies to the east of Eden | Registered: February 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
I just assumed he was talking about Neverwhere. There are casting threads lurking around, too lazy to link them though.

They never pick who I think should be picked, so, I won't bother. But I rather liked (most of) the old tv show thingy. I do hope they keep it British, actor-wise.

Poisoner of Chonae
Picture of sammael
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Maeve, that's what I was trying to do - keep it country (I'm a tad wary of you, being Cuchulainn in another form - actually, those things are pretty much all at once, but metaphysics is a real bitch to pin down - just don't get your daughter to sit on your friends's hands - we do know how that story ends, don't we?). Anyhow, Mr Gaiman has now become Mr Rainbow Man (maybe Tori could write a song about him in this guise). Know where he's at - both cheekbones broken, nose, 5 times, plus ribs and knuckles - I grew up in Belfast (and darker places) see, and I'm still growing...like some strange immutable fungus.

cause and effect:
from them.

Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
You needn't be wary of me, I'm (mostly) harmless. Smile

I do hope that for Neil, it looks worse than it is and that he's not in too much pain.

Poisoner of Chonae
Picture of sammael
posted Hide Post
Maeve, that's precisely what all the dangerous ones say. Yeah, facial injuries do tend to look bad, and they do hurt - too close to the bone, I suppose.

cause and effect:
from them.

Lagomorphic wannabe
Picture of Motley
posted Hide Post
Yes, poor Neil! I wonder what colour those bruises have taken now? Think I may see if youtube has anything to offer in its time lapse vids on bruising!

Anyway, thanks for making me cry this morning. I'm reading "Dont' Panic" at present and Douglas Adams is/was still alive for me - until I read that intro. Now in tears.

Think I'll go back to the archives find funny things to cheer me up.

Kurt Vonnegut

Pirate/Zombie/Hero
Picture of Jena
posted Hide Post
Motley, Neil made me cry this morning too! I have Don't Panic at home- I may have to start it tonight!

Vice-Chancellor of the Heartless Bitch Council

Damn peer pressure

Posts: 5271 | Location: Sacramento, CA, US | Registered: August 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Maeve
posted Hide Post
It took me over a year to buy The Salmon of Doubt, just because it hurt too much. And it took me several months of avoiding the back of the book, the bit with what may have become the new Dirk Gently, because I just knew that I would get sucked into the story and have to know what happened next and then... not get my climax. And that's exactly what happened when I finally broke down and read it.

*sigh*

Poisoner of Chonae
Picture of sammael
posted Hide Post
Douglas is up there somewhere, watching over us all. I loved Neil's description and recollections - rather than remind me that the great man - and he was an absolute genius - is no longer with us, it made me feel like I was right there with him, if that makes any kind of sense at all.

cause and effect:
from them.

has been eaten by a grue.
Picture of Apathy
posted Hide Post
I love it when he puts a smackdown on ignorant people who've emailed him in his blog. whee!

quote:
Originally posted by sammael truly a devil in disguise:
Adrien Brody as the 'everyman and no-man' hero.

what?! ick! he's too distinguishable. he needs to be more rumply. and less skinny.

~ fLame Woosh ~
Elite Special Force Procrastinator, trained in High Arts of Extended Coffee Breaks and
Master Linguist of the Water Cooler Conversation

Posts: 7134 | Location: the gloaming | Registered: November 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post