Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Dog
 Login/Join

posted
I love the dog you just added to your family. I believe that he might be all German Shepard. As for the name you should pick something Royal sounding.

Crystal Remy

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Neil does not check the message boards. He does, however, read messages sent to him through the FAQ line here. And he reads them, he doesn't always respond to them. A very busy man, he is, making all sorts of pretty things for us to read and look at.

Welcome to the boards! Check out the Message Board FAQ and stay around a while.

(And I agree, by the way, that dog needs a good, proper name. I'm rather fond of "Rook.")

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
Kinda looks like VegaRiad's avatar.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
. . .

When's the last time anyone heard from her?

- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Black clothes + white dog = time to invest in a lint roller.

That said, I don't know what color all his cats are, so maybe he already deals with this.

Posts: 1 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: May 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ZoneSeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
When's the last time anyone heard from her?[/qoute]

She posted vibes for Meadra (I never know what to say in threads like that) and updates her blog fairly regularly.

[quote]Black clothes + white dog = time to invest in a lint roller.

That said, I don't know what color all his cats are, so maybe he already deals with this.

The cat who "dictated" Stardust was white, a Persian I think.

Posts: 2627 | Location: Manila | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
posted Hide Post
Then the timing's about right. Neil is now the proud owner of Vegariad. I'm pretty sure she doesn't mind too much.

- G.K. Chesterton

posted Hide Post
If he wants to pick up the Thor, but still get a little crazy, there is plenty of room; I like Beta Ray Bill, myself.

m:.

Posts: 1 | Location: livejournal. | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
with the whiteness, it could totally be elric. or bald(e/u)r. or shadow.

Posts: 38 | Location: connecticut | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, Elric is perfect (although too late, I think). I have a black dog and white sofas, so I am a big believer in lint rollers. That dog looks fantastic, though.

Posts: 48 | Location: Taiwan | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kitmarlowescot2
posted Hide Post
Neil's poor couch though. My mother said even though he is well off, no one should have a dog that eats a couch. Oh, well hope Neil will get a crate for Cabal.

"Smile....for tomorrow will be worse"
~ Mandy from the Grim Adventures of Bill and Mandy

"I use to think the brain was the most important organ in the body, until I realized who was telling me that."
- Emo Phillips

Posts: 60 | Registered: October 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Eh. He'll learn not to eat couches.

And with the cat population I doubt the furniture is unscathed.

*looks at her furniture and the oft-neglected scratching post*

Nope

shooting moonbeams out of her a(censored)e.
~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That cat would be dead here, and the last one who messed up my couch died from a brain tumor. Maybe one is effecting yours ?

"I use to think the brain was the most important organ in the body, until I realized who was telling me that."
- Emo Phillips

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Razz

Not.

It just leads to Fun With Squirtguns

~Joe

Posts: 24398 | Location: With my weird little family | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Cabal is scared of thunderstorms, Neil's going have to kennel train Cabal, or put him on doggy prozac. Because a dog scared of storms, can cause some damage when one happens from going through a window to escaping from a backyard. Knew a dog who escaped from his back yard during a storm by climbing on a spigot, knocking it lose and then flooding the yard.

- Emo Phillips

posted Hide Post
every dog that my family owned when i was growing up was afraid of thunderstorms...and firecrackers. Polly the German Shepherd used to hide under my bed. Vicky the mutt once chewed threw a box of laundry detergent because she was so terrified. Max the Miniature Schnauzer would jump on my parent's bed. but they didn't ever cause any major damage or run away.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Posts: 675 | Location: a little star | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's true. Not every dog needs help during thunderstorms, but I think Cabal kept Mr. Neil up all night. In that case maybe Cabal would feel safer in a kennel. I just think Cabal will need a place he can feel safe without getting scared, be it a kennel or under the bed. Or a closet to hide in. Hopefully that will be enough for Cabal, but it might not.

- Emo Phillips

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Sometimes they just need to be close. I finally taught Mikka to lay on my feet (if I'm at the computer) during a storm. Cabel's bigger, but even the bigger dogs I had that were scared usually just wanted to stay close (very very close, but that's when you make 'em lie down).

~Joe

Has no front teeth
Picture of BeeZee
posted Hide Post
Neil + Giant Panda (cub? I hope?) = a Neil who smiled for a picture!

~Joe

Picture of Atrinati
posted Hide Post
Or just a Neil who smiled because he was holding a very cute panda that was munching happily on bamboo, and did, in fact, not care too much about the camera.

_______

Wall of Text hit you for 50000 Points of Wtsparagraphs Damage! Critical Hit!

Posts: 118 | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post