Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    "Other People" bears a resemblance to...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Other People" bears a resemblance to...
 Login/Join

posted
I saw Neil at Kepler's a few months ago, and he read "Other People" for us. Before he did, he gave an introduction to it (same intro as in the book, I see now) and said he was unsure if it was an entirely original story.

I've heard it before. Orson Scott Card wrote a story called "Fat Farm" (found in Maps in the Mirror) that has the same basic idea. I didn't tell Neil about that while I was there cause I'm too cowardly to be an ass in person : )

Couldn't think of any other way to let him know, so thought I'd post here. Maybe he'll stumble across it one day.

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
has no knowledge of the Munich Incident, so stop asking
Picture of Wayfarer
posted Hide Post
Umm, from what I've heard, Neil doesn't ever read the boards. But you could try using the FAQ response on his website...

Posts: 5864 | Location: The Cast Iron Shore | Registered: September 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Neil does not read the boards. You can contact him here, though.

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ah, thanks. i spent too much time looking for that, and missed it

Posts: 2 | Registered: December 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a piece i wrote a very long time ago. i'm not religious---in fact, i'm a devout atheist, but my vision of "hell" if there is such a place was described with near perfection in this piece. i figure if you're in hell, you just hear all the cruddy things other people say about you for all eternity. neil gaiman wrote in four pages what i couldn't express in thirty. now, i can't write it again, but i can learn from mr. gaiman's style. awesom piece.

Posts: 1 | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post