Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Fragile Things question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fragile Things question
 Login/Join

posted
My copy of Fragile Things is missing page 27 and 28. I've heard that books with errors or flaws are a bit more valuable than those that are perfect. Do you suppose this is worth anything more than the cover price?

"Even dreams, the most delicate and intangible of things, can prove remarkably difficult to kill."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 9 | Registered: September 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Not really. If, for example, you had an edition where the other copies were pulped due to an error, that would probably be worth more (ex: League of the extraordinary gentlemen #6). A printer's error that interupts the flow of the reading not so much. You can still try to get someone on ebay to take a bite, but I wouldn't expect much.

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had no intention of selling. I was just curious. The funny thing is it doesn't actually interupt the flow of the reading. If you are just reading the book from beginning to end you would probably not notice because it just removes a one or two page poem. I had no idea until I looked at the table of contents.

"Even dreams, the most delicate and intangible of things, can prove remarkably difficult to kill."
-Neil Gaiman

Posts: 9 | Registered: September 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
Ah yes - the Faery Reel! Well, then obviously you have a copy tampered with by the faery themselves

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post