Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    ??? Shekhina short story / pedophile guy???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

??? Shekhina short story / pedophile guy???
 Login/Join

posted
I was hoping someone could answer this for me and even though I haven't been able to find the story since... I still feel like it's a Gaiman story. It was just very Gaimanesque... And I may be confusing the word Shekhina with the actual name.. So basically it's a short story about this guy who is wealthy enough to buy "the most beautiful man in the world" who is born to this mystery race of middle easternish women and sold to maintain their wealth and culture every generation or so, and the story is narrated by this henchman sort of guy who's protecting the secrecy and privacy of those involved and ends up killing this guy in the end after telling him he's a pedophile. Does anyone know if indeed this is a Gaiman story and if so where I read it? What anthology? I swear, I thought it was Smoke and Mirrors, but I haven't been able to find it there since. The story was eery and disturbing to begin with, but that it seems to have just dissapeared from where I thought I read it, is even more disturbing. I know I read it... and it must at least have been in an anthology that was published ALONGSIDE something of Neil's...

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aufero vestri dmno manuum a meus antenna
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
I asked GMZoe, and he said a variation of the following:

It initially appeared as a comic, "The Court." It was then later reprinted /rewritten as "Keepsakes and Treasures : A love story."

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you! you don't know what anthology or collection it was published in do you?

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
Here, and here

Posts: 37699 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: December 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
We're happy to answer any questions about Neil's work - hey, that's why we took this gig - but much of what you're looking for can be found at http://www.neilgaimanbibliography.com/ . It's the official unofficial bibliography of all things Gaiman, assembled by our inimitable fellow, GMZoe. Looking there, under "Keepsakes and Treasures," it looks like it was collected in "999" and "The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror, 13th Edition."

"999" is available in a fairly inexpensive paperback here, while the second anthology, also in print in paperback, is here.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aitapata
posted Hide Post
HAH! JINX!! Beatcha! Razz

Administrator/Colporteur
Picture of Dweller in Darkness
posted Hide Post
Curses. My vengeance against thee shall be swift and naughty.

- G.K. Chesterton

My moderator voice is red.

Posts: 48708 | Location: Concord, NH, USA | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post