Neil Gaiman    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com    www.NeilgaimanBoard.com  Hop To Forum Categories  Neil's Other Works  Hop To Forums  Fragile Things    Help on Paper - Please!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on Paper - Please!
 Login/Join

posted
Okay, I am working on a paper for one of my courses (actually it is an independent study of Neil Gaiman's works . . . awesome huh?). Anyway, I am hoping for some help. My paper is on his use of characters and how they often transfer between works, but they remain true to themselves and each appearance enhances the reader's understanding of not only the character but the work as well.

Okay, this is where I need some help. Two of the characters I am looking at are Mr. Alice and Mr. Smith (love them, btw). In the beginning of Fragile Things Gaiman mentions that they were part of another story from It's Dark in London. I tried to find it but can't! And my book fund (even using academic achievement as an excuse) has long dried up. Anyone have a copy or know what the story is about?

- Ashley

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of Smaug
posted Hide Post
you could try taking a look through this - a comprehensive bibliography.

eta: yep, it's in there.

~
I prefer to live in a country that's small, and old, and where no one would ever have the NERVE to wear a cape in public, whether they could leap tall buildings in a single bound or not.

the parrot... ...gets tiresome.
the parrot... ...i ate him.

CHIKKINZ?

Posts: 20595 | Location: England | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Village Elder
posted Hide Post
The story from It's Dark In London is called The Court. It was just reprinted in the Mammoth Book Of Best Crime Comics. The comic was also adapted into prose as Keepsakes And Treasures which is in Fragile Things

Posts: 13129 | Location: Tucson | Registered: June 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post